• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[ Skill improvement ]-[ New room ] Teleport & Transplantatory

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Greensage

[Skill improvement]

I think it's a pity that teleport, under possession, allow us to return to just one point (dungeon heart for imps, and lair for the others). If there will be teleport, perhaps it would be better to improve it.
Examples : - When we activate the skill, a map appear to choose a destination.
- Or a list of standard destinations appear, destinations like dungeon heart, lair, rallying point etc.
- Under possession, we could be able to assign shortcuts (kind of ctrl+?) while we stay on the wanted destination, and later teleport to this point with the shortcut.

[New room]

The transplantatory (Or the room for transplant or substitution room or as you want, of course !) :D
Nearly similar to the "heart vault" of Snow in this forum.
The idea is that we could have the possibility to teleport the heart dungeon but for a balanced price, I think
there would be more strategy in the game and give more freedom for the layout of the dungeon with this room. Example of caracteristics :

-Once you have built a transplantatory with the same size as the dungeon heart,the transplant (teleport) begin.
-Parts of transplantatories which can't participate to the transplant are destroyed (Why ? it's to prevent from many transplantatory constructions in parallel)
-The transplant take one minute, if the heart is hit while this moment, the transplant is cancelled and
the transplantatory destroyed. (make-or-break, imagine what a suspense when your ennemies are on your doorgate !)
-The price for parts of this room is proportional to your gold richness, with a basic price (with a b.p. of 2000
and 10%, the cost is 2000+10000 gold for 100000 owned gold and 2000+2000 for 20000 owned gold, just for one part of course) (Why ? Because even if there are infinite gold deposites, players couldn't teleport their heart every time they want).

Now I'm thinking about, it could be a spell too.

So, for the strategy, when begin to build the room ? it's all the question, early game it's less expensive, but time is money and probably the tranplantatory would be useless in certain games, gold and space spend for nothing ! However, in the late game, it could meet an emergency but costs an arm and a leg for a heart.;)

G

Greensage

[ New Room ]

What do you think of a room, kind jail in the form, which could absorb the vital energy of prisoners that you put in this room ?
And we could be able to make a sort of breeding with giving foods to prisoners to keep them alive, thereby continue to extract their energy. Energy for spells for example.

Jan 3, 2013
[ New Room ]

What do you think of a room, kind jail in the form, which could absorb the vital energy of prisoners that you put in this room ?
And we could be able to make a sort of breeding with giving foods to prisoners to keep them alive, thereby continue to extract their energy. Energy for spells for example.
Keeping prisoners already gives you advantage since AFAIK opponent player can't recruit new ones while they are alive. Being able to milk them even further would be an overkill.

Also am I right and you suggest a room that allows player teleport his heart?

G

Greensage

since AFAIK opponent player can't recruit new ones while they are alive
I didn't know, i see the problem.

Also am I right and you suggest a room that allows player teleport his heart?
The idea is that we could have the possibility to teleport the heart dungeon but for a balanced price, I think
there would be more strategy in the game and give more freedom for the layout of the dungeon with this room.
To sum up, Absolutely.

Jan 3, 2013
I always thought Heart is the room that should stay as is and so are other rooms.

Not sure what others think about it.

G

Greensage

I always thought Heart is the room that should stay as is and so are other rooms.
I don't know if i well understood (sorry for my english comprehension in this case), but others rooms can be sold to be moved. And I think the "transplant" in details could be an impressive animation because, yes, the heart is certainly the most important and imposant room.

Jan 3, 2013
I don't know if i well understood (sorry for my english comprehension in this case), but others rooms can be sold to be moved. And I think the "transplant" in details could be an impressive animation because, yes, the heart is certainly the most important and imposant room.
The ability to sell room was a problem in DK1/DK2. Player could sell it before it's stolen, delaying the push or selling it after, getting lots of gold. Most time the first one would take place, making push even slower.

I do agree that ability to instantly sell own rooms is fine as long as room is not under attack or recently captured, but Heart is not just a room, it's the center of your dungeon, area you need to defend, not move from one place to another. Same applies to Portal or any other non-buildable room.

G

Greensage

The ability to sell room was a problem in DK1/DK2. Player could sell it before it's stolen, delaying the push or selling it after, getting lots of gold. Most time the first one would take place, making push even slower.

I do agree that ability to sell own rooms is fine as long as room is not under attack or recently captured
Indeed, maybe it needs to be treated in a new thread to know if it would be better to remove the room selling while we are in a fighting/underattacked period.

but Heart is not just a room, it's the center of your dungeon, area you need to defend, not move from one place to another. Same applies to Portal or any other non-buildable room.
Yes, The heart must be defended, but Defense includes also the combat avoiding, move the object to delay confrontations (or vary strategies). I Think it's a point of view which is equivalent to mine, not more or less illigetimate in my opinion, and i search to know if others players share or not the same idea appreciation. (i should have rather make a poll)

Jan 3, 2013
Nah poll, is not needed. Lets see what others think about it.

To me, it may have some balance issues and promote serious turtling, not to mention games may last even longer.

Jun 23, 2013
I really like the idea of being able move the dungeon heart/Core. I want to control the layout of my own dungeon and being anchored down to that starting point is a serious limitation. Maybe limit being able to move the heart to once per level, like a castle in chess, it would be a defensive maneuver.

I imagine rival creatures approaching my heart, just to watch it dissappear in time for them to find a trap in its place... satisfying.

Lex Talionias

Dwarven Worker
Feb 10, 2014
[ New Room ]

i think that should be something for campaign or pet mode, while there is a reason to keep live prisoners in multiplayer there is little reason to do that in the other game modes which just sees jails turn to rat pens after you have the max number of skeletons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom