1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Crucible issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gregored13, Oct 20, 2017.

1. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

I've recently gone back into the Crucible, palying the GoG version, to get the achievements, and I've noticed two odd things. The first is-- at certain times, the Augre will not activate a Garrison, no matter how many time I drop him near it, and I've dropped multiple Augres as well, to no effect.
    The other thing is that I am not certain what I am doing to cause an earthquake. Do ramparts in the path cause this to happen? Other times, I have not built anything recently, but an earthquake occurs, opening up a different path.

2. Biervampir [AUT]

Biervampir [AUT] Bafu

Issue 1: Augres not activating Garrison
    Try Obeying, that usually does the trick.
    They are most likly not in the mood or looking for a lair.

Issue 2: Earthquake
    Rampart can block the Pathing but won't cause an Pathing check.
    Replacement Earth, Augrum Wall, Pison & Arena causes an Pathing check.
    If the pathing check detects a blockage it will cause an Earthquake.

So if you built an Rampart (Blocks Path) and then build an Arena or Replacement Earth somewhere on the Map, you will cause an Earthquake.

3. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

So, even if the replacement earth is not blocking the main path, it will cause an earthquake? And building a prison or Arena in the dungeon, not on a path will also cause one?

4. Biervampir [AUT]

Biervampir [AUT] Bafu

It will cause an Pathing check, and if you are blocking the lane somewhere with ramparts, yes they will trigger an earthquake if you built an Arena or Prison somewhere on the map.

5. Valtiel

Valtiel Warden

Basically, if you block the path with ramparts, it won't cause an earthquake immediately - but the next time you build a replacement earth, augrum wall, arena, or prison anywhere in the dungeon, it WILL cause an earthquake. This happens because the game doesn't check for a clear path until you build one of these four things.

It's kind of a bit silly.

6. Tim White

Tim White Writer Dev Team

Hi guys,

Thanks for bringing the Crucible Earthquake issues to our attention! I was able to reproduce them, so have logged them in our bug tracker. Hopefully we'll be able to fix what's happening.

Cheers,
    Tim