• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Soul Reaver Reboot might be in the works

Robofish

Necromancer
WFTO Founder
Dec 1, 2012
Surrey, laughing at how rubbish Sussex is.
I didn't have a playstation during the Soul Reaver days, however my friends did and owned this game. Mostly I only ever got to watch them play it, but they would constantly get stuck and I remember each time I'd have a go and manage to do what they couldn't straight away XD

On the whole I thought they seemed like great games, so if a new one came along, I'd definitely take the opportunity to buy it for myself this time around.

RachniKiller

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Dec 12, 2012
I recently bought soul reaver 1 and 2 along with legacy of kain defiance on steam durring the hoilday seals, its why I looked to see if they were making a new one.

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
Also, before any reboots are made, there is one thing they need to do

Put Blood Omen ONTO GOG!!!!!!
I have the other four from GOG. I love them.
But I don't have Blood Omen, and it is pissing me off!

Evi

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
I'm unsure of how to feel about this at the moment.

Was the original story of Soul Reaver completed?

Rezal

Templar
WFTO Backer
Jan 11, 2013
I like Blood Omen so much more... Kian was badass.. .Raziel,well he was just meh all over.A total fcken emo.I stopped playing the last Legacy of Kain game when I got that feeling,Kain is gonna die. . .0_0

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
I like Blood Omen so much more... Kian was badass.. .Raziel,well he was just meh all over.A total fcken emo.I stopped playing the last Legacy of Kain game when I got that feeling,Kain is gonna die. . .0_0

I believe you are in the minority then, Rezal.
Legacy of Kain games that had Raziel in them sold better than the two that didn't.

RachniKiller

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Dec 12, 2012
I'm unsure of how to feel about this at the moment.

Was the original story of Soul Reaver completed?
short answer no. The last gamelegacy of kain defiance ends with (spoiler!) Raziel choosing to become the soul reaver and cleansing kain of his curse, giving kain both a weapon to fight and the ability to see the elder god, in addition the Hilden are free again, the game kinda ends with kain looking out over the world talking about hope.

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
Anyone heard about the fan-remakes Blood Omnicide and Soul Revenant?
They are essentially 'new' versions of Blood Omen and Soul Reaver, with massively improved graphics.
Blood Omnicide is still slowly ticking along towards completion, and has their main site here: http://omnicide.legacy-of-kain.ru/en
Soul Revenant, sadly, I haven't seen/heard anything new about since it was announced here: http://theancientsden.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/fan-game-soul-revenant-announced.html. However, given that the creator, Jake Powlawski (Sorry if I spelt your last name wrong, Jake), is trying to make at least one other game at the same time, this isn't that surprising.

If anyone could find some new news about Soul Revenant, please tell me...

Top Bottom