1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soundtrack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Electrolight, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Electrolight

Electrolight Priestess Backer

This game has an awesome soundtrack but it is in such a low quality format. Is there any chance that you could replace the MPshit3shit files that come with the game with 24/192 lossless FLAC files?

It is unbelievable that in 2017 music is still officially offered in sub-standard quality. 16bit CD quality was the standard since the 80's but now that CD's are obsolete, 24bit is the new standard. I understand that because of limited internet speeds and limited storage space, MP3's were necessary for a time but those limitations do not exist anymore. 100Mbit to Gigabit internet connections are common and a 4TB hard drives costs about $100. MPshit3 was never a standard and it needs to just die already.

2. Electrolight

Electrolight Priestess Backer

No comment from the devs? Can you guys please replace the shit MP3 files with 24/192 lossless FLAC please. I am talking about the soundtrack that comes with the game, not the files that the game uses. A lot of games on Steam and GOG that come with a soundtrack, offer it in lossless quality, why can't you guy?

3. Noontide

Noontide Award Winning Community Manager Dev Team

Oops, I thought I responded here. I must have got side tracked before I finished my post.

Anyway I can totally appreciate the audiophiles out there that want to get the soundtrack in higher quality, I'm not one of those people who can hear the difference but I'll see if we can look into offering this option.

Cheers,

Lee