1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spanish Translation

Discussion in 'Community Translations' started by Abetus, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Abetus

Abetus Dwarven Worker

I could translate the game entirely into native spanish if the dev team send me each text archive in english. I dont know where to find those english lines to translate them. But if they send me any form to translate easily every string, I can do it. Then a simple official update with the translation could add spanish in the game.

I will be here if anyone send me a repply.

Tim White likes this.
  2. Tim White

Tim White Writer Dev Team

Hi Abetus!

Thanks for your interest in doing a Spanish translation. I don't believe there is currently one available on the Steam Workshop, and the official support for Spanish is limited.

We update the Useful Files & Templates thread with the latest copies of the text archive.
    • To get started you can simply use the Community Translation Template v2 file, which was updated on 13 June to coincide with Patch 1.6.2.
    • We'll shortly be releasing a small batch of edits for Patch 1.6.3, which you can then add to your translation.
    Also see the Community Translation Guide thread before you begin, for important information on the process.

There are many lines of text in WFTO, so it is certainly a mammoth endeavour to translate them all. But if you do decide to give it a go, please let us know if you have any questions or problems - we'll be happy to help :)

All the best,
    Tim

3. Abetus

Abetus Dwarven Worker

Thank you. Dont worry I already have experience as translator. Company of heroes 2, yooka laylee and plague inc: evolved were translated by me (the last one was entirely mine). Of course were paid translations but this time I want contribute because I love this game and is very sad read things with google translator.

And one more thing. If I start this project, it would be great that the new good translatons were added into the game as an official patch. Not something optional using steam workshop like a mod. I would put my 100% effort if this is confirmed

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    Nutter likes this.
  4. Tim White

Wow that is an impressive CV! :) We're very glad to hear you love our game, and thank you for your support.

In terms of including your translation as the official Spanish translation, I would need to discuss with the team. We've been considering bringing some or all of the partially-supported languages up to date via our official translation partner, to replace the remaining machine translations. However, since we're currently gearing up to attend Gamescom later this month, it is unlikely we'll be able to get an answer to you before then.

But at the very least we should be able to include your translation here on the forums, in both the Community Translation forum and in the Foundry custom content repository.

I'll chase this up as soon as possible with the team.

Thanks again,
    Tim

5. Tim White

Hi Abetus,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you!

I've spoken with the team about this, and it looks like we'll be working with our official translation partner to bring the partially-supported languages up to date, at some point in the near future. This would include the Spanish translation. This means that should you undertake your own Spanish translation, unfortunately we wouldn't be able to include that as the official translation in the game.

We understand if this means you no longer wish to undertake your own translation of the game; though should you still have a go, we would be more than happy to support your endeavour, and provide any assistance we could. As far as I'm aware, there is still no community translation in Spanish, so yours would likely be the first.

Let me know if I can help further, and thanks for supporting our game :)

All the best,
    Tim