• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Special] Bond Creature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evi

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
Blood Bond (Other possible names I can think of are: Soul Link and Total Obedience)

Does: Allows you to bond with a single creature in your disposal. The bonded unit will follow you when you complete each level in the story mode. But by following you to each stage puts strain on the bonded unit, reducing their level back to 2 at the start of each stage.

Since the Creature is now bonded to you, you are able to magically alter it's appearance, including changing it's name as well.

The bonded Creature can't be converted by the Torture Chamber, and doesn't give out information while being tortured.

Unable to use this Special on high tier units.

Other Info: Only one Creature can be Bonded, usage of this special again will overwrite the first one. This Special doesn't interfere with the 'Transfer Special'.

Only obtainable from beating the game.

Nov 14, 2011
Delaware
It would be like having your own pet creature! I don't think it would take a lot of work (though I know absolutely nothing about coding) and it doesn't seem over powered. It would also be nice to have some sentimental value attached to a creature as well. So, I like it. It sounds similar to something I read before, I can't remember what, though.

amcoops

Priestess
WFTO Founder
Dec 9, 2011
North Devon, England
I really liked the transfer creature special in Dungeon Keeper and thought Dungeon Keeper 2 really missed it, can't help but think this is too similar to said special.

I liked taking a Thief in the early levels and eventually bringing it up to an Avatar. :D

Nov 14, 2011
I really liked the transfer creature special in Dungeon Keeper and thought Dungeon Keeper 2 really missed it, can't help but think this is too similar to said special.

I liked taking a Thief in the early levels and eventually bringing it up to an Avatar. :D
It is similar, yes. But it is (more) balanced.

Also, Thieves don't turn into Avatars, they turn into Knights.

amcoops

Priestess
WFTO Founder
Dec 9, 2011
North Devon, England
I guess so, I do like the customisation you've included, it would allow us to actually form a bond with one of your creatures and be upset if it was to die.

...oh and Knights turn into Avatars.

Blizzard

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 3, 2011
Behind you
I guess so, I do like the customisation you've included, it would allow us to actually form a bond with one of your creatures and be upset if it was to die.

...oh and Knights turn into Avatars.
It does ??
then in that case im ammasing myself an army of knights

Nov 14, 2011
They do, I'd swear they do. I think it can only happen in the last level, like you can't turn a Thief into a Knight in the early game.
They don't. If they did, Moth and I would both know it. Also, it would be very silly if they did as The Avatar is a single character.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
As much as I like this idea, there's a fundamental issue which means that every level would need to support it, which means we are removing complete control of the sandbox from the map designer, which is bad.

Jan 22, 2012
Ok what if you dear devs do something like this (if possible ofc)
If you implement a heart defender then make him act like a bond creature.
What i mean you start game with no guardian then after some time you are allowed to bond a creature to heart which gives it some bonus stats/skills depending on type
For example bonding BKnight could give dark paladin who have ability to heal/ do some magics
Additionally if you implement some RPG elements to WFTO it can be fun to customize defender this way too
Aka as you gain more keeper power additional perks to defender could be chosen

But that is a lot of if's and i'm not sure how good that would be to game

Evi

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
As much as I like this idea, there's a fundamental issue which means that every level would need to support it, which means we are removing complete control of the sandbox from the map designer, which is bad.
DarkFire gave me a idea, what about if you get the Bond Creature from beating the game then?

Nov 10, 2011
The Netherlands
They do, I'd swear they do. I think it can only happen in the last level, like you can't turn a Thief into a Knight in the early game.
That's wrong too. You can get a Thief and turn it into a Knight by stage 4.

Also, if it were only in the final level according to you, then you probably mixed up the first Avatar (probably converted) with the second Avatar which appears in the grand invasion after death/conversion of the first one. If you convert that one too you can have 2 Avatars. The only way to get a Knight in that level is to convert the one that comes beside the second Avatar, anyway. (Or train a Thief from one of the invasion parties, but that takes even longer to get).

Either way, if it were in the last level only, then every other map script would dictate a max level of 10 for the Knight, to form an exception - otherwise Knights would turn into Avatars by default when reaching past level 10. (This is how Demon Spawns are handled in the first couple of levels). And guess what, they do not.

Co0kieL0rd

Cultist
WFTO Backer
Jan 29, 2012
DarkFire gave me a idea, what about if you get the Bond Creature from beating the game then?
I think this would be a neat idea. The spellbound creature could henceforth accompany the keeper in skirmish games (and perhaps in campaign missions when the campaign is started a second time). Furthermore, the spell (or a similar ulterior feature) could include the creature being more unlikely to get unhappy and never to get angry or leave the dungeon because it is somehow its keepers 'beloved pet'.

MeinCookie

Dwarven Worker
Nov 15, 2011
Bond Creature from winning the game? Kinda like a "New Game+"?

Might work. You've already completed the campaign once. Alternative would be to have it in say an alternate 'My Pet Dungeon'.

Nov 14, 2011
Bond Creature from winning the game? Kinda like a "New Game+"?

Might work. You've already completed the campaign once. Alternative would be to have it in say an alternate 'My Pet Dungeon'.
Pretty much. And as the other Cookie says, it could be interesting for Skirmish games. Since the Player is doing it for pure fun this time around, it could allow for the removal of certain limitations.

amcoops

Priestess
WFTO Founder
Dec 9, 2011
North Devon, England
That's wrong too. You can get a Thief and turn it into a Knight by stage 4.

Also, if it were only in the final level according to you, then you probably mixed up the first Avatar (probably converted) with the second Avatar which appears in the grand invasion after death/conversion of the first one. If you convert that one too you can have 2 Avatars. The only way to get a Knight in that level is to convert the one that comes beside the second Avatar, anyway. (Or train a Thief from one of the invasion parties, but that takes even longer to get).

Either way, if it were in the last level only, then every other map script would dictate a max level of 10 for the Knight, to form an exception - otherwise Knights would turn into Avatars by default when reaching past level 10. (This is how Demon Spawns are handled in the first couple of levels). And guess what, they do not.
Strange, it must have been a dream or something. I'll have to see if my brother recalls it as we played it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom