• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Spell] Immolate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
I don't believe a spell of this nature has been introduced yet, though I may be wrong. This is a 'buff' spell that, in short, gives a creature a fiery aura that deals damage to nearby enemies.

Spells
Name: Immolate
Keeper Spell

Stats:

Mana Cost: Basic - Low mana cost. However, it actually costs more because it lasts until deactivated.
Cooldown: Low/no cooldown. However, this spell may only affect one creature at a time.

Information: This spell causes fire to come to life around the targeted creature, forming a protective shield that also attacks nearby enemies. These flames will provide the creature with protection from fire and cold based attacks and burn those foolish enough to get close to the target.

Function: Protection from fire/cold; a perpetual aura that deals fire damage to enemies within a certain radius of the creature.

Icon: A horned human body (very simplistic) with a ring of fire surrounding him.

Appearance: A ring or aura of fire surrounding the target.

NOTES: I wrote this to be 'one creature at a time' and 'perpetual' because, while I like the idea of this spell and feel it could be useful, I also realize that it could be VERY overpowered VERY quickly if every unit in the player's army could be immolated. However, I have an alternate solution.

Alternate Mana Cost: Medium. The spell is not perpetual, but instead lasts for a set period of time, and therefore does not drain the caster beyond the first cast.
Alternate Cooldown: A short cooldown.

Alternate Function: It operates as above, except that the spell also drains the recipient of health. In other words, it creates the same shield as before, but so long as the shield is up, the creature takes unavoidable, unmitigated damage that can potentially even knock out or kill the creature. You can cast this spell on as many creatures as you like, therefore, but if you're not careful, they will die from the spell.

So, given the above notes, I think this spell could work either as the first sort or the second sort. Any thoughts, dear reader?

Feb 9, 2012
I prefer the alternate idea more; this seems like a neat spell that's effective but one that you would have to use carefully. Also I think it would be neat to have other versions of this spell, like a lightning and frost version.

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
If there were to be other versions of the spell, I think the name would be changed to "<X> Aura," where <X> is the element being cast. Thus, you'd have Fiery Aura, Lightning Aura, Frost Aura... Etcetera.

Also, if it was done that way, the spell's 'protection' would have to change slightly to only protect from the element it is of (so, Fiery would protect from Fire, Lightning from Lightning). Any creature would also only be allowed to have one up at a time.

If all of the above were true, I think your thought on the matter could work, though I'm not sure how having four+ versions of the same spell would be handled.

Jan 22, 2012
Well i would love to see Magica like style to spels in WftO but i can dream XD

Spell looks nice / well thought out.

I would only add an AoE explosion if creature dies while spell is on ]:->

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom