• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Spell] or [Extra Fluff and Character]: Telepathy

Yay or Nay

• Yay

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LFW

Priestess
Dec 15, 2011
Tauranga, New Zealand
Simply put: A free spell or some alternative way (hovering your cursor hand over a minion?) that allows you to peer into the thoughts of the lessor beings that serve you

"Gold, gold, gold. Mining gold for the Maaaaaster" ~Imp, on gold mining

"It appears my dungeon lord has selected ME for a personal mission" ~Warlock, while being possessed

"We will SACK this dungeon IN THE NAME OF THE KING" ~Some poor, poor goody too shoes that's invaded

Et cetera Et cetera

Obviously, something like this is completely unnecessary and won't contribute to the core game, but I think it not only makes sense for you to be able to do this, but it will add a LOT of character to each minion and monster in the game. These thoughts could either be voice acted or appear as thought bubbles.

And think of all the jokes and references you can jam pack in.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
I like this idea, but i'd much prefer the Imps to be passive aggressive and be thinking things like "I can think of something else i'd be hitting with this pick" and "You try fetching and carrying all day.... then see how to like being slapped all the time"

Mozared

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Feb 17, 2013
Haha! I like this idea. I'm not sure how feasible it is, but it's a good thought. I need to link this to James.

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
Oh hells, I would kill to see something like this, even though I suggest only doing it in the form of tooltips - hiring new VA's for 4-5 lines of text per creature would be a bit excessive.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
hmm im wondering why so many people like this idea o_O :D

no, i think its a pretty interesting idea as well .... but .... in this game? im not sure if it is worth making a feature in a RTS game which adds nothing to the actual gameplay ...

i will add this under MISC then ;)

(and yes ... even if it is a spell ... its... kinda something misc. :D )

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
hmm im wondering why so many people like this idea o_O :D

no, i think its a pretty interesting idea as well .... but .... in this game? im not sure if it is worth making a feature in a RTS game which adds nothing to the actual gameplay ...
Well, I do doubt that people will use this in Multiplayer games where they need to place their attention elsewhere, but it would be a nice little thing for the SIngle Player Campaign - I think it were little touches like this that made games really awesome back in the day.

Blox

Blood Imp
Sep 25, 2013
i do like this. not sure how many people play starcraft, but the units have a command, if you would continuously pick them, they would begin to say different funny sayings. it didn't add anything to gameplay, but was definitely a cool thing to do in between times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom