• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Spell] Shock/ Shockwave/ Blast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Co0kieL0rd

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Jan 29, 2012
Name: Shock, Shockwave or Blast

[Keeper Spell]

Stats:

Mana Cost: average
Cooldown: 12 sec (decreases when the spell is improved)
Information: This is thought as a replacement for the lightning spell from DK2 which was way too effective for the early levels, allowing the player to kill the knight by constantly stunning and damaging him.

Function: It deals damage in a small area of effect within which all enemies are pushed aside. If one enemy is hit directly he gets knocked over. The damage is small and the cooldown rather long because this spell is meant to be available very early in the game for the case the player's creatures need some support.

Icon: three concentric circles from a slant perspective

Appearance: short compression and dilatation of the ground accompanied by a rumbling sound

Jan 22, 2012
Well lightning was a miracle spell
I remember mission where you attack giant HQ or sth. That mission was impossible without lightning
Plus your idea is very similar to original Ligtning with exception it does not cost a lot of gold :p
I would only change the cost casue low mana for some AoE dmg could be problematic (aka lightning on drops)
I also do not like konockback idea cause it would be easy to knowck enemiens to lava on bridges

Nov 14, 2011
Interesting spell. Reminds me a bit of what I'm doing with the Lightning spell in my DK2 patch.

I agree with Sarevokus in that the mana cost is too low for a spell filled with such usefulness. It should probably be increased to something that is considered "Below Average" or just "Average".

Function: It deals damage in a small area of effect within which all enemies are pushed aside. If one enemy is hitten directly he gets knocked over. The damage is small and the cooldown rather long because this spell is meant to be available very early in the game for the case the player's creatures need some support.
I again, agree with Sarevokus about the knockback effect. In addition to what he says about the bridges, it also makes things a bit more chaotic for the enemy and adds a huge advantage to fighting defensively. This spell could be used to disrupt enemy formations and scatter their forces, making them much easier to kill.

Co0kieL0rd

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Jan 29, 2012
Interesting spell. Reminds me a bit of what I'm doing with the Lightning spell in my DK2 patch.
Cool thing you're making a patch. Is there already something available of that kind? =)
I agree with Sarevokus in that the mana cost is too low for a spell filled with such usefulness. It should probably be increased to something that is considered "Below Average" or just "Average".
You're problably right. I'll change that.
I again, agree with Sarevokus about the knockback effect. In addition to what he says about the bridges, it also makes things a bit more chaotic for the enemy and adds a huge advantage to fighting defensively. This spell could be used to disrupt enemy formations and scatter their forces, making them much easier to kill.
I was thinking about a rather weak knockback that would certainly not be enough to disrupt whole formations. And don't forget that only one enemy can be stunned at a time and he's got to be directly hit for that.

Nov 14, 2011
Cool thing you're making a patch. Is there already something available of that kind? =)
Unfortunately, no. I did make a thread about it here in case you want to keep track of it. I haven't updated it to feature my newest ideas though, which involves Keeper Spells, Traps, and Doors. I'm currently going through the campaign again and playtesting/changing things as I go along. I'm on level 11 at the moment.

I was thinking about a rather weak knockback that would certainly not be enough to disrupt whole formations. And don't forget that only one enemy can be stunned at a time and he's got to be directly hit for that.
I see. Very well then. I suppose at this point in time, it becomes a question of finding the right details. In that case, there's nothing we can really do to decide the correct way to go about until it is implemented and compared to everything else. (And playtested of course!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom