• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Spell] Soul link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2012
Name: Soul Link, Soul Shackles, Soul bind

Stats:

Blood Cost: Lower medum value / or creature spell

Cooldown: ~8-15 seconds

Information: Creates link between chosen creature and X nearest living beings for (longer medium ? 15-25)

Function: Chained creatures split damage recieved between all of them. Might be usefull as defence mechanism or offensive abbility.

Icon: 3 hearts making a triangle with chains

Appearance: Keeper hears chain sound and between affected creatures a red chain appears

Alternate creature skill :

Name:

Keeper spell or creature spell?

Cooldown: Low

Information: Creature forms link with selected ally which, it gains bonus stats depending on creature connected to. The bond breaks if selected creature dies or leaves range of this skill. Additionally if any of creatures affected dies the other one becomes stunned

Icon: Chain with fleeing soul

Appearance: Light blue chain connects creatures.

Off topic: i wish this will somewhat revitalize this forums ~_~

Cold_Ankles

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Dec 10, 2011
South Australia
I like the idea of this, perhaps an alternate function could be that they have to both be on 1hp to be killed, this would allow players to link the soul of a juggernaut and a cultist meaning the cultist cannot be killed unless the juggernaut is near death...

Alt Alt: Link two creatures (yours to yours, yours to enemy, enemy to enemy) the two creatures would receive substantial attack buffs etc but if one dies the other dies with it.

thoughts?

Jan 22, 2012
1) well since i think most creatures will run in life threatening situations i think that change has low value

2) If it gave anything other than life shared i should change the name (will think about this more, maybe add another spell suggestion then ? )

iggii

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Apr 15, 2012
Czech Republic
Off topic too, but I feel the same as you - forum needs to kick somehow - its stopping. Not much people react on new post. (Is everyone really playing D III ?)

Jan 22, 2012
Thing is that if this go longer i will not make 2nd place in post count :(

Also since when Sim has more posts than Malt O_O?

Jan 22, 2012
Well idea was created when i watched diablo 3 stream and mobs had fire chain ability

I remembered about WC3 shaman/troll ability like this (spirit bond iirc ? ) so i suggested similar ability here

Also general idea of this skill exist in many games (M&M series, Sacrifice (can't finish 2nd Stratos mission T_T ), Warlords battlecry iirc)

iggii

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Apr 15, 2012
Czech Republic
What about basic skill for some creatures (magicians?) that could (from certain level) link automatically with the same type - boosting their stats...?

monsto

Blood Imp
Jun 24, 2013
Parts Unknown
I don't think this should link different critters. Linking a weakling to a superstrong could overpower the weakling.

For example, a pure spellcaster that has some kinda slammin spell... broad AOE or high dmg spike or something. Yeah that guy shouldn't have a ton of hp anyway cuz he's devastating. Tie him to some kinda juggernaut, and he'd be unstoppable. I'd absolutely have a juggernaut, something with regeneration and a nuker all chained together.

If it was "like critters only" . . . then it'd basically make a bunch of individuals into a platoon. It would strengthen them all without overpowering them.

I wouldn't put a hard duration on it. When enough damage is done, break the chain. Say 2x an individuals hp.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
I don't think this should link different critters. Linking a weakling to a superstrong could overpower the weakling.

For example, a pure spellcaster that has some kinda slammin spell... broad AOE or high dmg spike or something. Yeah that guy shouldn't have a ton of hp anyway cuz he's devastating. Tie him to some kinda juggernaut, and he'd be unstoppable. I'd absolutely have a juggernaut, something with regeneration and a nuker all chained together.

If it was "like critters only" . . . then it'd basically make a bunch of individuals into a platoon. It would strengthen them all without overpowering them.

I wouldn't put a hard duration on it. When enough damage is done, break the chain. Say 2x an individuals hp.
please read the rules, the thread is from may 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom