• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Spell] Turncoat spell (modified)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazgren

Cultist
WFTO Backer
Nov 29, 2011
Name: Turncoat

Stats:

Mana Cost: Debatable but probably high
Cooldown: Very Long
Possession Cooldown:

Information: Granting glimpses of a vast fortune and luxury to an enemy minion, the keeper promises a life of pleasure and excess... for a price

Function: When cast, the enemy minion will procede to the enemy dungeon heart grab a large handfull of gold (depending on level/pay/minion?) and return it to your dungeon heart. ive got 2 ideas for what happens next, he could either become your minion and gradualy loose happiness as he waits for a paradise which will never come, or he could enrage on the spot and become lvl 10, if not alreaady and go on a rampage through your dungeon. perhaps it could be a 50-50 chance of either or the chance scales depending on the minions level?
Icon: a similar, if not the same icon to the DK2 turncoat spell

Appearance: the minions allegiance colour will flash between the colour of the enemy keeper and of the players colour

Nov 10, 2011
The Netherlands
So let me get this straight, you cast this on an unit and it will bring you a bag of gold, and then randomly either convert entirely to you for free (lol happiness) or turn level 10 instantly.

Yeah, no. Way too random and way too overpowered.

Nazgren

Cultist
WFTO Backer
Nov 29, 2011
remember that when he runs out of happiness he either leaves the dungeon or enrages
it would turn lvl 10 then start attacking your units and heart.

Nov 10, 2011
The Netherlands
remember that when he runs out of happiness he either leaves the dungeon or enrages
it would turn lvl 10 then start attacking your units and heart.
You make it sound like "running out of happiness" is inevitable. I doubt it would be.

Also, I would potentially get myself a free upgrade to L10 on the creature if it does happen? Jeez, it could hardly get better.

Jared

Blood Imp
Nov 23, 2011
Gold Coast Australia
You make it sound like "running out of happiness" is inevitable. I doubt it would be.

Also, I would potentially get myself a free upgrade to L10 on the creature if it does happen? Jeez, it could hardly get better.
Yes one could abuse that in the game

First the creature goes Awol steals some shit from enemy keeper then comes back

Next goes batshit crazy in your dungeon lvl 10 huh? big deal cop a few lightning strikes & an inferno blast + the other 10-29 creatures present will woop its ass oh yeah and the traps & wotnot > prison > torture chamber > boom new lvl 10 creature on your side.

If anything the turncoat spell should remain as it was in DK2 a temporary illusion that cause's the creature to flip out and briefly switch sides attacking the monkey piss outa it's buddies.

To do what Nazgren has suggested could only work if it had a limited number of casts maybe 3? It should cost the maximum amount of mana......... if not at least as much as it costs to summon horny. I'd also maybe get rid of the lvl 10 thing that just doesn't make sense how does it gain so many lvl's just from being pissed off? Is it the incredible hulk lol? ME SMASH NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom