• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Steambox Support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomboden

Warden
WFTO Backer
Feb 5, 2012
USA
If say one of the announcements in the next few days from Valve ends up truly being the Steambox, will WFTO be compatible? (controller?)

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
I dare to say that we know to little about the Steambox as of right now as if that we could seriously consider making WftO portable to it. Even more so, we don't even know when this thing is coming out.

May 16, 2013
UK
I doubt that the sub games guys, or anyone outside of valve employees/maybe a very few AAA devs knows enough about SteamOS/SteamBox to tell you that.

ZeroPointEnergy

Bloodling
WFTO Backer
Feb 21, 2013
Since WFTO will be released on Linux via Steam and SteamOS is just another Linux distribution, it will definitively be on the Steam Box

May 16, 2013
UK
Is it? Have they said that?

Sure, it's likely that if it runs on linux it will run on SteamOS, but valve has, to the best of my knowledge, not said near enough about what they're actually doing for anyone to be able to say that definitively.

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
There is a good possibility that because WFTO will be available on Linux it will be supported on SteamOS and Steam Machines. At this time not 100% confirmation however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom