• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Succubus Design Discussion/Poll

What are your thoughts on the current Succubus design?

• Excellent, keep as is or just some minor tweaks

Votes: 65 61.3%
  • Good, the right direction but needs a few changes

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Not good, needs some significant changes

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Awful, go back to the drawing board

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2013
Leeds
If the boobs matter so much and do get enlarged, Can we get some hot guy creatures with bigger crouch bulges please? Bigger pecks, I also want to hear some sex noises when he is hit with a fire ball :)

I want a ugly female creature! Imagine the humour it could bring, A female bile demon trying to seduce a knight, Now thats what I want my games to have!, A harpy would be sufficient could be a scout in replacement of the fly.

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
Honestly, I don't get all the fuss over the breast enlargement for the succubus. Her current mammas look perfectly fine to me. Besides, oversized breasts tend to be extremely inpractical in close combat, particularly if you don't wear a sports bra. I will not go into further detail.

Sangromancer

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Feb 3, 2013
Innistrad
Honestly, I don't get all the fuss over the breast enlargement for the succubus. Her current mammas look perfectly fine to me. Besides, oversized breasts tend to be extremely inpractical in close combat, particularly if you don't wear a sports bra. I will not go into further detail.
The succubus's power is so great, that it has twisted and warped the very minds of the WftO community to passion and lust!

Dec 14, 2012
Everyone wants her to look like the demon from Beowolf (The animated film)

Haze

Priestess
Mar 31, 2013
Moscow, Russia
Boobs = OK.
Head looks too heavy. Sheep-like horns are redundant. Easy to get stuck in ground (or wall) after falling (or dodging), for example.

BTW, succubus is supposed to seduce. HOW can she seduce anyone, being sooooo SPIKY?

MarcelN

Priestess
Jun 13, 2013
Boobs = OK.
Head looks too heavy. Sheep-like horns are redundant. Easy to get stuck in ground (or wall) after falling (or dodging), for example.

BTW, succubus is supposed to seduce. HOW can she seduce anyone, being sooooo SPIKY?

Ooooh dear.. here we go again :p read the other posts and find out what's already been said on the matter ;) btw, I don't disagree with you :)

Amon

Ember Demon
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
She uses a Glamour, which I can find two relevant definitions for:
  • To "glamour", to shapeshift into a different human appearance
  • To "glamour", the ability to charm a human into obeying
That is how I, personally, believe that the Succubus can be a valid seductress.

Dec 14, 2012
She releases pheromones which carries the spell to make her look like a beautiful women in the eyes of the beholder, then she gets close and rapes you but not in a good way.

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
Again, I strongly oppose the "LOLMAGIC" approach. We might as well put an old hag instead of her into the game if we go that way.
Regarding her looks: Yes, the succubus is not the kind of woman you would expect to become Miss Universe. But, and that's the point, she's not supposed to be that. She represents sexual perversion, so she literally has to be attractive and threatening at the same time.

Jan 1, 2013
Just out of curisouty. Whats so wrong with "LOLMAGIC" approch and what do you mean with "LOLMAGIC approach"?. I would very much hear what you mean by this.

I personally think the chunder look like a pile of poop ^^ which I will let remain there. But back to the suckabuss, it has been voted and now it's what the people want. Let is slide, I let it drop when I found out people had voted for it. AS long as the vampire turns out good I'm OK with this woman with a big plant on her head thingy.

Question for the TEAM will there be a future kickstarter for more skins expanssions etc? :)

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
Just out of curisouty. Whats so wrong with "LOLMAGIC" approch and what do you mean with "LOLMAGIC approach"?. I would very much hear what you mean by this.
The "LOLMAGIC" problem basically is a killer argument about how, in a fantasy setting, things don't really have to make sense because you can always explain it by supernatural (magical) means that can not be (easily) understood by the average human being.

Example:
A: Dude, the sword of this character is three times as large as he is. He could he possibly use it?
B: It's made of lightweigth alloys.
A: Even so, it would be very heavy.
B: The character is very strong.
A: Okay, but then the sword would still have a weird center of gravity. The character couldn't possibly use this in comba-
B: IT'S A MAGICAL SWORD!!11

There are some contexts were pointing out the magic nature of an object does make sense, but very often, "LOLMAGIC" is used to exlain completely ridicolous concepts that someone insists on despite of knowing that they don't make any sense. In the specific case of the succubus; if we say that she only is attractive because of some sort of magic, then we could transfer this magic to just about anything. I.e. you might extend the succubus' "attractive aura" to a chunder. Or a rock. The latter might be a more successful attempt.

Cf. "LOLSCIENCE" in sciencefiction settings and "LOLMIRACLE" in religious contexts.

Amon

Ember Demon
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
The "LOLMAGIC" problem basically is a killer argument about how, in a fantasy setting, things don't really have to make sense because you can always explain it by supernatural (magical) means that can not be (easily) understood by the average human being.

Example:
A: Dude, the sword of this character is three times as large as he is. He could he possibly use it?
B: It's made of lightweigth alloys.
A: Even so, it would be very heavy.
B: The character is very strong.
A: Okay, but then the sword would still have a weird center of gravity. The character couldn't possibly use this in comba-
B: IT'S A MAGICAL SWORD!!11

There are some contexts were pointing out the magic nature of an object does make sense, but very often, "LOLMAGIC" is used to exlain completely ridicolous concepts that someone insists on despite of knowing that they don't make any sense. In the specific case of the succubus; if we say that she only is attractive because of some sort of magic, then we could transfer this magic to just about anything. I.e. you might extend the succubus' "attractive aura" to a chunder. Or a rock. The latter might be a more successful attempt.

Cf. "LOLSCIENCE" in sciencefiction settings and "LOLMIRACLE" in religious contexts.
This made me laugh so much reading this. And it is very true, for all three... I wonder if something like this is on TVTropes?
As for the 'Magic/Science/Religiosity explains all, I think that it could be in the game, but altered/subverted so that the Magic both has a positive/negative effect, like the Succubus looking really nice to heroes, but something else about her horrifies them. Or like a 'sentient magic sword', which, while being tougher, also hates the wielders guts and tries to spill them at every opportunity

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
the point is if it is really relevant if it is LOLMAGIC (how you caled it) or not.

remember Final Fantasy 7? your example of greatswords would work here but: is Final Fantasy 7 a bad game because of it? does it make the characters unbelievable?

i dont think so, if you look at its ratings and sales its seen as something really good even though clouds sword, or his hair in this matter doesnt make any sense.

Why is that? nobody cares about realism in a unrealistic (fantasy) setting because its just awesome to have a 2 meter Long Greatsword the reason why this works is just ... not important.

same is with the Succubus, i love her design so is it really important if it makes sense if we look at it in context of our "real" world ?

Jan 1, 2013
same is with the Succubus, i love her design so is it really important if it makes sense if we look at it in context of our "real" world ?
I'm gonna go with the short answer.. YEEEEEES it important that it make some sense atleast.. But.. we're already voted people wanted this skin now let's move on to something that really matters... The Vampire :) any leaks comming soon on my beloved vampire? :)

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
the point is if it is really relevant if it is LOLMAGIC (how you caled it) or not.

remember Final Fantasy 7? your example of greatswords would work here but: is Final Fantasy 7 a bad game because of it? does it make the characters unbelievable?

i dont think so, if you look at its ratings and sales its seen as something really good even though clouds sword, or his hair in this matter doesnt make any sense.

Why is that? nobody cares about realism in a unrealistic (fantasy) setting because its just awesome to have a 2 meter Long Greatsword the reason why this works is just ... not important.

The problem with LOLMAGIC primarily lies in the fact that things explained by it usually are forcefully shoehorned in into a setting. Otherwise, the audience wouldn't ask whether it would make sense in the first place, and the entire dialogue of my example wouldn't happen. Final Fantasy is one such setting, where every crybaby or homicidal maniac with funny hair may or may not carry a skyscraper-sized blade with complete disregard to gravity. And yet the authors don't have to rely on LOLMAGIC because the audience doesn't care why the heck this works. It's the rule of he cool, just as you said.
The problem lies in situations in which the audience does not think that this or that element fits into the story, but it nevertheless is shoehorned in because the storyteller wants it. Imagine, if you will, Cloud simply snipping his finger and bringing Aeris back to life with it. Wouldn't be significantly less realistic than giant swords, but would create an outcry from the fans, simply because this destroys the coherent image and story created by the game.
Regarding ratings and sales - if we go by that, AngryBirds would be the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel, The Sun would conduct quality journalism and video game reviewers would never be bribed by publishers , particularly not for SW:TOR. Go figure.

But I digress: The entire thing about the LOLMAGIC move regarding the succubus is this: If we explain her attractiveness to mortals by magical powers, we could replace her model by just about anything. We could have an ugly succubus, of course. Or a rock. Or an 8 feet tall grizzly. I would gladly accept magic enchanting the succubus' attractiveness, i.e. by hiding her spikes and thorns from the eyes of the mortals, but the succubus herself should have attractiveness of her own. And that's that.

I'm writing to much.

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
I'm going to jump in with some personal opinion here, because I simply don't like the LOLMAGIC thing.

The problem with LOLMAGIC primarily lies in the fact that things explained by it usually are forcefully shoehorned in into a setting. Otherwise, the audience wouldn't ask whether it would make sense in the first place, and the entire dialogue of my example wouldn't happen.
Succubi are demons that use dark and powerful magic to charm other beings, hasn't this always been the case with many depictions of the Succubus? E.g. Paladins sworn to chastity and empowered by their god can be charmed by their magic, not by their looks.

I'm not sure why the concept of charm magic must have been shoehorned into WFTO when it's very setting is a magical high fantasy world?

The problem lies in situations in which the audience does not think that this or that element fits into the story, but it nevertheless is shoehorned in because the storyteller wants it. Imagine, if you will, Cloud simply snipping his finger and bringing Aeris back to life with it. Wouldn't be significantly less realistic than giant swords, but would create an outcry from the fans, simply because this destroys the coherent image and story created by the game.
I fondly believe that Sephiroth's sword is LOLPLOT because it actually killed Aeris rather than allowing me to get her back with a simple phoenix down. That's probably the one point of FF7 that is not entirely believable in it's own world.

But I digress: The entire thing about the LOLMAGIC move regarding the succubus is this: If we explain her attractiveness to mortals by magical powers, we could replace her model by just about anything. We could have an ugly succubus, of course. Or a rock. Or an 8 feet tall grizzly.
Still not Lolmagic is it really given that this magic has a very sensible grounding in the world that we're depicting? I agree with the rest of the paragraph here, she could look like anything, and this is how she looks. This basically states that all magic is LOLMAGIC.

"Why does the wizard shoot fire out of his arms"
"Well using his mastery of the arcane arts he taps into the elemental plane of fire drawing power direct from that realm"
"LOLMAGIC"

It seems to me that LOLMAGIC is just any kind of thing that doesn't happen in our world and someone had to explain in the context of another world. People who use this kind of defense seem to seek all games to be realistic and based in our world, our universe and abiding by our laws of physics.

I find this personally to be a very boring way to look at the world, the point of high fantasy is to create an escape into a world unlike our own, why should we have to base it on how we perceive our own universe?

I would gladly accept magic enchanting the succubus' attractiveness, i.e. by hiding her spikes and thorns from the eyes of the mortals, but the succubus herself should have attractiveness of her own. And that's that.

So basically, you don't have a problem with supposed LOLMAGIC at all you just don't like the way the succubus looks and are using LOLMAGIC to justify this.

Though I would like to say that the magic doesn't necessarily enchant the succubus, perhaps it enchants the victim? This is why only one target can be affected by her charm, everyone else sees her for what she really is.

If this was a world like ours I'd probably agree with you, it wouldn't make sense if there wasn't a pre-established concept of magic in the world to suddenly introduce this, but the problem is there is and therefore it isn't LOLMAGIC it's just magic. That mundane thing in their world which is a fantastical thing in ours.

Jun 26, 2013
I like the design, the only two things I would change, the bones/spikes around her shoulders. I'd make them less shoulder pad, reduce them to almost skin if that makes sense? I'd like to see hair rather that horns on her head. It's great though and I'd be happy to keep her the way she is.

Eek

Matriarch
WFTO Founder
Oct 22, 2012
Canterbury, Kent
www.leeketh.com
I would gladly accept magic enchanting the succubus' attractiveness, i.e. by hiding her spikes and thorns from the eyes of the mortals, but the succubus herself should have attractiveness of her own. And that's that.
I strongly disagree. Think of it logically, with the below points:
  • Demons fight each other.
  • Succubi are demons.
  • Humans are food.
If the succubi doesn't use magic to MAKE people find them attractive, then ALL they are, to other demons, is food. They would instantly die out, and be the most pathetic thing in existence.

The only way a succubi makes the slightest bit of sense, is if they use magic to alter their appearance entirely, based on the person looking, make the person looking THINK they look different - even if they don't, or just skip the tricks entirely and magically "force" the person to like them, whatever they look like.

Because the different species, and different individuals, would find different things attractive, I completely disagree that the model of a succubus in her true form, should appear attractive to everyone - why would she?
I think the only requirement is that she looks sexual, and I think the artist has hit the nail on the head with that - Regardless of whether you find her attractive, she's clearly a very sexual character from the appearance.

Evi

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
The Succubus didn't put her makeup on when she joined WftO, she usually would if she was invading men's dreams.

Then again, why waste makeup if you're going to fight and kill while possibly having your way with the enemy? Might as well go in spiky so it'll hurt when you're %#(!$ing them.

Bwaaahahahahaha, that was horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom