1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggested things so far (please read before opening a new thread)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lord of Riva, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Lord of Riva

Lord of Riva The Lord Founder

no it wont fit the Misc. Section, i will probably add a gemeplay group (already Pmed simburger to make some space for me) since you are not the first one to ask ;) please wait a little bit

EDIT: I will Update this List this weekend with mechanics and so on sorry that it takes so long ;)

EDIT²: i hope that the mechanics are now complete (there was a lot that was double or even Triple threaded) again i tried to avoid posting the same things multiple times if i missed something please PM me ;)

Vaptor and Noontide like this.
  2. Amon

Amon Ember Demon

This list is getting ridiculously long.
    That can only be a good thing, right?

3. Lord of Riva

heh yes it is :D

4. Evi

Evi Witch Doctor Backer

Heyyy, mind moving the Sinless to the Empire side please?

5. Lord of Riva

typically me huh? :D

sorry im doing it now :p

EDIT: ahhh after reading the topic again i didnt make a mistake *sigh*

i thought i had done it wrong again :p

6. Bertthehulk

Bertthehulk Priestess

Now to find courage and time to read trough all of these and come up with something myself....
    Whew, guess exams come first xD

Amon and Lord of Riva like this.
  7. Korhag

Korhag Dwarven Worker

Hello, is there some kind of voting system or sth for this suggestions? Or is it already decided to what will be in the real game and what will not be?

8. theMarg0r

theMarg0r Dryad Backer

Hi, this isn't a democracy. You don't vote things in. The devs choose what they believe would be a good idea for their game, otherwise, it would all turn into a mushy slime product with no direction and no vision. :)

9. Korhag

Korhag Dwarven Worker

Of course it is their job to decide. But if they have asked to the community, it is always good to know that what are the most important things for community. So (let's say) if they have in minds "we will put this this and this..." and maybe two creature from the community ideas, the votes could help them to choose, you know. Maybe it is not right to call it votes, lets say it again like this. "Are you planning to make an Opinion poll for this suggestions" =).

10. Bertthehulk

Bertthehulk Priestess

There are lots of suggestions, and awesome ones at that
    But alot (if not all) of the suggestions I read through are last commented on in february
    Is it a problem if someone gives suggestions or comments on such an old thread?
    I know necrobumping can be annoying, but I like talking peeps :C

11. Lord of Riva

its no problem as long as you follow the rules.
    so if you really want to add something with feel free to post something there.
    please look if this something is already announced (im not checking through suggestion if these are still valid)

12. Bertthehulk

Bertthehulk Priestess

I don't mean giving a suggestion myself, but commenting on (really) old suggestions, giving feedback and such (essentially necrobumping)
    Also if I want to suggest something, say a cyclops, but someone else has already suggested a cyclops, but his cyclops is totally different from what I had in mind.
    Do I make a new thread or do I post my idea to his or what should I do?

13. Lord of Riva

now just add comments ;) necrobump is okay if you have something interesting to say ;)

Amon likes this.
  14. Bertthehulk

Bertthehulk Priestess

Oke awesome, thanks
    Let's see if I can get some discussion going xD
    Not until saturday tho...

15. Taldare

Taldare Blood Imp

This is my first post, but after playing the game and reading the posts, the following ideas came to mind;

1, I would love to be able to make the rooms the way I want -by buying different items for the room (different items for each room type). This would be best fix for the prison and torture chamber given what has been suggested.

2, Different resource types (possibly for buying the different room items).

3, I like the idea of being able to see the Overworld but to make it work I suggest;
    i, That your forces can't enter it, but instead it is effected by how powerful you become by slowly turning dark and evil.
    ii, It could show the main entrance to your dungeon which get bigger and better as you get more powerful.
    iii,That you can create havoc by using invocations to poison village/town/city water sources to do different things (such as a plague that turns villagers into zombies who then attack the living in a dawn of the dead)
    iv, Show the location of Castles, Monastery and other places that have crypts or dungeons with special items in them.
    v, The guide could tell you when the heroes try to rid villages of your evil spell/walking dead and you get to watch them.
    vi, The list for the evil deeds you could do with this is endless, its why I think it would make a very good mechanic for the game and it would also do the one thing Dungeon Keeper never let you do, twist the world to reflect your dark and twisted soul. Truly it makes your all consuming evil all the stronger.

4, Custom spells, this could be done by combining different spell runes.

5, Up-gradable minions, they could use there gold to buy improved levels of different items (such as weapons and armour) that give say a 1+ to a given stat, no inventory would be needed other then showing on the creature info page the level of upgrade(s) the minion has. This would also generate more uses for different resource types and you could have different rooms for making/unlocking upgrade levels. It could also give you a way to get money back from your minions ( I hate payday).

That's all I have for now, please feel free to give constructive crit, no burning please

16. stoned_hamster | M

stoned_hamster | M Disciple

Polymorph spell. Turns selected hero into chicken for 5 second duration. Cannot be used on heros.
    Alternative: Base duration 10 seconds, hero duration 5 seconds.

17. Cake Machine

Cake Machine Ghoul

Any chance of an update on what suggestions you are favouring? There is quite a long list now and it would be good to know the definites from the maybes and no chances. If we know what you like then it will help us make better suggestions. Ta

Amon likes this.
  18. Evi

Evi Witch Doctor Backer

This is just a list of already suggested ideas, not a checklist for what is and isn't approved.
    I don't think the developers will be checking off suggestions for quite some time.

19. Cake Machine

Cake Machine Ghoul

Yeah I get that. They are producing units now so they have made some decisions. It would be good to get a better sense of what they favour.

20. Brenton

Brenton Dwarven Worker

I would love to see a wall construction mechanic in this kind of game (missed it every level I played in the DK series and the Dungeons series.) I know that it's commonly known that you need to be careful on planning your digging to prevent misfortune, but even a wall spell that took all of your mana for one, unimproved or even permanently weak, wall would be nice. I know that there have been plenty of times that I wanted to quarantine off an area for a short time (oops, I just dug into my opponents dungeon) or pulled down a wall between rooms with a misclick (I'm kind of obsessive over symmetry.) I know this could cause complications in play, but as long as it is heavily restricted, I don't think it could be truly problematic.

Amon likes this.