• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Suggestion] Iron Maiden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2013
Lancashire, UK
Well since a lot of people would seem to like something else female i came up with this idea. As DK had several very original creatures that were quite unique to DK alone ( mistress, bile demon, reaper, darkangel ) all of which seem to be the most liked units, i thought this would go down well ;p so here goes:~

Name: Iron maiden
Description/Preface: A tanky unit with some interesting effects
Image: ( couldnt find any )The shape of a womans body but made entirely of iron, with several spikes, blades along the INSIDE of the arm ( will become obvious later ) and hinged blood stained blades for fingers. Several grooves running along the body from top to bottom
Key Stats
Highlight:
Low damage but quite tanky due to a regenerative ability and a very powerful stun. Can pass through lava but not water. Female units tend to be about speed and being agile, this is one is about slow purposeful brutality.
Faction: Underlord
Type: Intelligent
Role: Front line brawler
Acquired By: Torture chamber, Lava within dungeon boundary, Portal.

Basic Attack: Melee
Offensive Power: Low direct damage but some DoT
Defensive Power: High, ( shes made of iron bro )
Resistances: Immune to fire, Weak against cold
Work: Foundry, Torture
Entertainment: Torture, Bathing in lava
Special Needs: Doesnt eat, But will be much happier with a lair near lava
Upgrades:
Traits
Trait Name: Molten fury: Will become temporarily molten after spending time in lava or being hit by enough fire spells, Deals extra fire damage in an aura.
Trait Name: Reconstruction: The maiden absorbs spilled blood through the grooves in her body, and extracts the iron to repair herself over time.

Abilities
Ability Name: Brutality (Passive) The maidens attacks cause the nemy to bleed and inflict damage over time. The more enemies this is on the faster she heals.
Ability Name: Haymaker: The Maiden uses the arms on the inside of her arm to inflict a brutal haymaker on the target very briefly stunning them. And dealing a large amount of damage, Decapitates if it kills the target.
Ability Name: Iron Maiden: The Maiden Grabs an enemy in a Crushing embrace making use of the blades on the inside of her arms and the spikes on her body to inflict massive damage and stun the enemy, The maiden cannot move while casting this but will heal rapidly as massive amounts of the targets blood drains directly onto her. Long cooldown.
Flavour
Appearance: The shape of a womans body but made entirely of iron, with several spikes, blades along the INSIDE of the arm ( will become obbious later ) and hinged blood stained blades for fingers. Several grooves running along the body from top to bottom
Voice: Should have a rusty metallic grind to it
Dislikes: Water,
Behaviour: Will watch or participate in torture, Or bathe in lava pools, Does not eat, May work in foundry.​

Last edited:

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
Mhhh . . . I like the artistic concept, but I fear that a unit with so much armor would be overpowered with the Reconstruction ability, at least if the later provides anything but a minor health regenerate effect. She could literally just walk around and use the Iron Maiden Special ability left and right, laughing into the face of any would-be-attackers as she heals faster than they can damage her.

Another thing that bugs me is that the requires Lava to be perfectly happy - the problem being that not all maps may have lava, and on those without the red-hot stuff, the Iron Maiden would entirely depend on enemy casters to use her Molten Fury, and would have no way of entertaining herself.

A final thought: If this makes it into the game, I want to see a DLC that changes her model into an iron likeness of either Margaret Thatcher or German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
do you guys know that the mistress was called Eiserne Jungfrau (eg. Iron maiden) in the german localizations? Im around 90% a creature like this would lead to problems with EA

adding this anyway now ... maybe think about a name change

Medjay

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
I'm not sure "You have an excess of Eiserne Jungfrau. There is a word for Keepers like you..." has quite the same ring to it when you put it like this :p

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
I'm not sure "You have an excess of Eiserne Jungfrau. There is a word for Keepers like you..." has quite the same ring to it when you put it like this :p
well i dont remember what he exactly says but it would be something like this:

"Ihr habt habt ein übermaß an Eisernen Jungfrauen, es gibt einen namen für Keeper wie euch."

just remember i didnt know about richard ridings befoe WFTO since i never played DK in the english versions ;P (i have now dont worry ;) )

IHaTeD2

Blood Imp
Aug 30, 2013
Why not make this a bit different (but keeping the "personality" of course) and use a Succubus instead?
She could have some sort of stunning or weakening ability because the enemies will fall in love for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom