• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Swampwalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2011
Delaware

Name Bog Witch

Stats:

Health: Below Average
Attack: Below Average
Armour: High
Accuracy: High
Agility: Above Average
Speed: Above Average
Luck: Average
Recovery Rate: High
Intelligence: Average
Construction: Low
Training Rate: Average
Training Cost: Above Average
Wage: Average

Skills:
Level 1: Melee
Level 3: Arrow/Thorn
Level 5: Freeze/Entangle
Level 7: Maneater*
Level 9: Snatch**
Level 10: Hanging Tree***

* A giant flower springs beneath a foe, enveloping it and devouring the creature. Flower has about as much health as the Dryad, and low armor. The unit inside will take gradual damage, half of which is restored to the Dryad. The Flower can still be hit by the trapped creature, as well as by others. The flower will last until either the creature inside is killed, it has taken enough damage or 15 seconds have passed.
45-60 Seconds cooldown.

** A root snakes towards an enemy creature, once it reaches the target, the creature is grabbed and dragged back to the Dryad. The root has a very long range (15 tiles), and moves very quickly. Once the creature has reached the Dryad, she will fall upon it and begin to scratch and bite the unit, this leaves her very vulnerable, and if hit, the attack will stop and she will be stunned for 2 seconds.
Cooldown: 45 seconds

*** The Bog Witch shifts into her tree form, using three vines to quickly grab nearby enemies. The enemies will take moderate damage every 5 seconds for 20 seconds, then they will be thrown at nearby enemies, causing moderate damage.
Cool down:80 seconds

Certain creatures are completely immune to all her special attacks. (Ones marked with a *)
-Horned Reaper
-Bile Demon (Because of his, erm, 'girth')
-Imps (Too fast and small)

Information:
The Dyad is the body of a women that has been corrupted by nature after years under the earth. The roots that envelop the body slowly repair the it, rebuild it in a natural form, and when they are finished, Mother Nature herself gives the monstrosity life. They are found in large caverns, sleeping for eons before being awoken by the sudden activity. Their purpose is unclear, as is everything else about them. They are very vulnerable to fire (50% weakness to fire) and so tend to stay way from creatures that use fire.

Behavior in Dungeon: When idle, the creature will visit the graveyard, trying to understand exactly what brought them to life. They will also spend much of their time sleeping, whether or not they are actually tired. They will awake whenever an enemy creature has stepped on their Keeper's tile, being attuned with the earth, they can hear the earth calling to them. They tend to avoid the Tavern because of the recklessness of the creatures inside it. They are quite wise, but will never go to a library unless told to.

Battle Style: Offensive Support
I don't really know what else to call her. She usually stays away from the main battle and picks off straying creatures, but will usually need some kind of guard as her abilities take time and usually leaver her vulnerable. They are very dangerous in a group, especially if there are more of them than there are enemies. If you do chance upon a group of them, consider bringing at least double the number of them, so you can free comrades trapped in her Maneater ability. Also, if she sees a lone opponent fleeing, she will not hesitate to use snatch to finish him off.

Jobs: She is an excellent guard in that she knows whenever a creature steps foot in your dungeon, only when sleeping, though.

Obtainable By: Neutral, Conversion, Torture (Possibly portal if enough people like her as a Keeper creature)

Hates: Units who use fire.

Loves: Other Dryads. Graveyards

Anger reaction: Takes all the bodies in the Graveyard

Lair: A simple patch of dirt. She will root herself in and turn into a tree.

Appearance:

How Introduced: Mid-Late game

Attracted by: Neutral

Entrance Effect: Neutral

Torture: Sets her on fire

Nov 15, 2011
i like the idea of this lost soul!

she has definitely captured my heart!

torture: sets her on fire!!! does this mean that she loves it ? like a dark mistress ?

Nov 14, 2011
Delaware
torture: sets her on fire!!! does this mean that she loves it ? like a dark mistress ?
Not really. She is made of wood, essentially, so setting her on fire would most likely really hurt her. Also I'm trying to avoid Mistress like qualities, as the Succubus apparently took this over.

Jared

Blood Imp
Nov 23, 2011
Gold Coast Australia
I dunno why but Bog Witch really appeals to me it suggests she hails from the dark pits of the swamp from the bottom of the bogs deep beneath the surface she emerges kinda like the swamp witch from the movie Legend with Tom Cruise anyone ever see that film? I swear the creators of Dungeon keeper drew inspiration from that movie's Demon Lord for Horny in DK2.

Nice work PumpkinKing;)

Nov 14, 2011
Delaware
I have a few ideas for the level 10 power

1. Amanita's Grasp- The Swampwalker uses her considerable powers over nature to implant an Amanita spore inside an opponents body through contact. The opponent will be stunned for 5 seconds and will slowly die, taking low damage every 10 seconds for 60 seconds. Once the creature dies with the effect still active, the Amanita will fully bloom, creating a toxic spore cloud surrounding the body in a 3 square radius. Creatures hit by this will usually return to their lairs.
Cool down: 80 seconds

2. Hanging Tree- The Swampwalker shifts into her tree form, using three vines to quickly grab nearby enemies. The enemies will take moderate damage every 5 seconds for 20 seconds, then they will be thrown at nearby enemies, causing moderate damage.
Cool down:80 seconds

Yeah, so that's it. Please tell me what you think, or suggest your own thoughts.
Thanks for reading!

Neros

Disciple
Dec 10, 2011
Denmark
I really like the idea for this one. In Denmark, we have a saying when its very foggy: "Mosekonen brygger" Translated to something semi cool, its "The swamphag is brewing".. So what a fog ability to lower sight range, which mostly would affect ranged units?
I also think that Bog Witch sounds like a very well sounding name, but if so, it would almost suggest that she had certain magical abilities..

And for the 10'th power: not sure what this could be either, but the Amanita's Graps doesn't sound bad at all..

Nov 15, 2011
I really like the idea for this one. In Denmark, we have a saying when its very foggy: "Mosekonen brygger" Translated to something semi cool, its "The swamphag is brewing".. So what a fog ability to lower sight range, which mostly would affect ranged units?
I also think that Bog Witch sounds like a very well sounding name, but if so, it would almost suggest that she had certain magical abilities..

And for the 10'th power: not sure what this could be either, but the Amanita's Graps doesn't sound bad at all..
det er der at skoen trykker... MOSEKONEN BRYGGER!!! Bwahahha..

this ability to lower sight range could be a powerfull tool in the game. i likes it!!! ;) i like the name bogwitch.. " the bogwitch has enterd your realm!!! " hell, i like the sound of that aswell!!!

Nov 14, 2011
Delaware
A few questions for people who read this...

1. What do you think of the appearance?
2. Should she be a neutral or a Keeper creature?
3. Does she have a good battle role?

And for mods, is there any way to add a poll?

MeinCookie

Dwarven Worker
Nov 15, 2011
  1. Good.
  2. Neutral, with their description and backstory it works better that way by x100.
  3. Yes.
Other than that nice suggestion. Good backstory. Plus they have no obvious leaning which means they can go very well to either side as a bonus neutral aswell. Also as you say, big groups are somewhat hard to confront, and making it a Keeper creature would make it possible to spam/amass them.

MeinCookie

Dwarven Worker
Nov 15, 2011
Also, the Reaper, Bile Demon, and probably the Avatar, are pretty certainly not going to be in this so you might want to update that now :p.

Hugo

Concept Artist
Brightrock Games
Nov 14, 2011
Spain
1. Good enough. Maybe adding more human features to make it more creepy. I don't know, like an old womans face or something.
2. Neutral, but hard for it to join the hero faction (if it gets to be a playable faction). It's still a monster.
3. She does not need to. Being a bonus neutral, any little thing they can add to battle would be just good.

Btw, "Bog witch" sounds the best for me.

Nov 14, 2011
Delaware
Ok I'm almost certain this wasn't on the list thing so I'm just going to bump it. I think she probably needs a lot of work now because she has too many active abilities.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
yes did miss that one ,i will add it, but as Swampwalker not as Bog witch (otherwise it will just be confusing) since we already have a Witch AND a hag in the list.
otherwise there is really no need to Bump any threads ;) remember rule 1. Through the list everybody can look up what they find interesting, and if they want to add/suggest something they will do that. thank you

but please dont hesitate to write me a PM if i missed one of your sugggestions i will add it. ;) See: Q&A of my List

Jan 3, 2013
She seem to be more of Range Caster with some decent HP and Armor, surely not a supporter.

I have a feeling she will need a nerf if she'll become available to player via Portal ( pack of these can be a trouble, especially at range and at level 5 and above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom