1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taken Captive (campaign level idea)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by Poisonheadcrab, Dec 19, 2012.

?

your thoughts?

1. awsome

12.5%
  2. cool

50.0%
  3. ok

12.5%
  4. bad

12.5%
  5. terrible

12.5%
  1. Poisonheadcrab

Poisonheadcrab Bafu

This is an idea for a campaign level that I have. The heroes have managed to capture you, your dungeon heart is right in the middle of a hero fortress, and all of your remaining minions have been taken prisoner. You must find a way to free your minions before they starve to death. In this level you get no portal so you will have to take good advantage of conversion and make sure your creatures are kept happy. Make use of sight of evil, so you don't tunnel into a hero party that you are unable to handle. And make sure your forces are strong before you go after the Lord of the Land, for he is very well guarded.

I based this off of a Challenge map I made a while back for Dungeon Keeper 2. I will post them here as an example of what I have planned for this level. I have two versions, one that uses the V 1.7 patch and one that doesn't.

v1.7 version - http://www.sendspace.com/file/a6hr02

non v1.7 version - http://www.sendspace.com/file/hvn410

2. Vargas

Vargas Blood Imp

Challenging. Perhaps one of the later maps in the campaign. I do like the idea of being forced to fight your way out of prison by converting enemy units. This map should be big to provide lots of options to solve this issue. Perhaps this prison are in a location far off into a corner of the map and the main enemy base is quite a distance away. Giving you the opportunity to convert, kill the guards and capture enemy rooms to build up forces for the final assault.

3. The End

The End Blood Imp

I assumed that the map would be small, and OUR dungeon was right in the centre of theirs - which I'm not at all a fan of. If it was meant the way you took it, then I absolutely agree! That'd be a blast.

4. Robofish

Robofish Necromancer Founder

I rather enjoyed the level in DK2 where you had to use secret doors everywhere to claim the Hero's fortress right from under their noses. This sounds a little like that and could be good if done right.

I'm not sure about the idea of being captured though. I just don't imagine the empire being dumb enough to beat you, and not destroy your heart. Perhaps you are on the brink of defeat but you have done something to prevent the empire reaching the chamber of your heart (at least for now)?

5. Poisonheadcrab

Poisonheadcrab Bafu

I never thought of that but I like the idea of being on the brink of defeat and have to fight your way back up.

6. Blizzard

Blizzard Necromancer Backer

to me sounds like a unique idea for a level

7. Rhalius

Rhalius Templar

It's an interesting idea.. what about this: theres a little intro cutscene that shows your dungeon is doing well in that realm but the heroes invade your dungeon with overwhelming power. Many creatures die, some are captured and most of your mages sacrifice themselves to put up a powerfull ward to protect the dungeon heart.

While you have nothing but your imprisoned creatures to work with, the hero mages try to break through the protective ward.
    The condition of the ward could at all times be displayed in a corner of the screen, and while you work to free your minions, kill the heroes and otherwise progress through the level, you could get chances to restore the ward. Maybe by sacrificing mages at a temple or something like that. Either yours or captive hero mages.

Since your heart is shielded off, maybe it could limit your powers in some ways as well. Like not being able to summon workers, or only having just one worker at any time.