• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Teleporters will enrich the game!

Need teleports (suggested or other)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2015
Russia
Teleporters will enrich the game!

Now the game is a simple topology of the space - flat Euclidean, no wormholes. And the rule is 4 colors (for any partitioning of the map into sections sufficiently 4 colors to monochrome areas - do not touch). With the introduction of teleporters - need 5 paint (because you can link the field, not touching the borders).
Moving units and capturing territory will become more varied and interesting.
Teleporters can be captured, and any unit, including imps and titans, can pass through the teleporter, and go to any other teleporter owned by the same player, and the units will do that when the move will reduce them (and in some cases, it may be the only way to achieve the goal).
Teleporters are offered to make the size of 2 by 2 cells.
And they move units 2 squares around him (even if these cells around them captured by the other players):

Therefore, it is possible to make maps where teleporters in advance belong to different parties, and covered with impassable ground (so they can't be perezapustit) - in these maps it is possible guaranteed move to other parts of the map, without the presence of a linked site, or passage:

This increases the dynamism of the game, and the number of options to pass to the enemy, produce useful things (altars, gold, artifacts, gateways).
An example of a map with such (private and owned by the players teleports), colored cells shows the teleports and such a cell size of 6 on 6 game cells, other distances and cell with dense stone (gray) conventional in size, the underground of the nucleus in the corners, gateways and shrines are marked with black cells:

I hope, have given you an idea of the attractiveness of teleports, and enter in the game. :cool:

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2015
Russia
It is a good idea, but the mechanical I think it would not work ... maybe only in very large maps.
Thank you for rating. Will work, why not? Creatures will reduce the time to achieve the right place for them. Not only in battle, but also, for example, to capture gateway and shrines. Or for creatures, from the working room to the den or pen.

BlackBeard

Firebreather
Mar 21, 2015
Italy
Certainly, I know very well (the master'm cough) ..
I do not like to change game speed as necessary ..... decreaseing or increasing the speed of play is going to distort the various game mechanics ..
some times (speed 100%) it seems that the skate creatures on the ground, or rather the speed is too slow compared to the speed of movement of the creature .. (this is very famous in the battles)

But portals implemented constructively can be an additional resource to the gameplay.

(sorry for eng.. by google)

Aug 18, 2015
I really like the idea. It reminds me on WC3 Teleport Shrines.
Further to I can think of many Maps Designs (especially Balanced 3 Player Maps).

But I woukld prefere it when it's 3x3, just cause

Apr 4, 2015
Russia
I really like the idea. It reminds me on WC3 Teleport Shrines.
Further to I can think of many Maps Designs (especially Balanced 3 Player Maps).

But I woukld prefere it when it's 3x3, just cause
Yes, you can discuss the details, can 3x3. I especially interesting teleporters to create maps which will be pre-owned by different players teleports, and cannot re capture (in my case, due to Impenetrable rock). Of course, teleports, capture and re capture of which is not limited, is also interesting.

Oct 2, 2015
Australia
Could have serious pathfinding issues since we use a flag for all minions, they move at different speeds so we cannot tell the ones who get there first to hold position until everyone is through. Still if that were overcome some fun maps to be made.

Apr 4, 2015
Russia
Could have serious pathfinding issues since we use a flag for all minions, they move at different speeds so we cannot tell the ones who get there first to hold position until everyone is through. Still if that were overcome some fun maps to be made.
I agree, the teleporters make it harder to locate the path, but not so critical. As offtopic, now the shortcomings of the game (when many of its advantages) are concentrated in AI, it is a fact. Developers need to make it more flexible.

Oct 2, 2015
Australia
By the way, great presentation of you idea.
Edit. You could get round it by having them like (sc2 not Broodwar) nydus tunnels they 'load' in, temporally removed from the map, and are 'unloaded' the other side(s) of your choosing

Last edited:

BlackBeard

Firebreather
Mar 21, 2015
Italy
also you could create a kind of "king of the hill"

when a underlord conquered for a certain period of time and for a certain amount of tiles wins ... divide the map in the "war zone" and "construction zone" XD

is nice :)

I'm worried about how teleportation would integrate with the pathfinding AI. Besides, the game is already a good deal faster than I would like it to be. Teleporters would make it even harder to keep up since rush players could potentially travel at least half the map. All in all I think that the addition of teleporters would only serve to make rushing even more difficult to defend against.

Besides, it makes minion cycling strategies too powerful, since you can easily build a lair around a teleporter, allowing your minions to rest before you send them back. No risk, all reward. No support from me.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2015
Russia
I hope, it is obvious, that symmetrical maps provide players equal chances to win - including, by teleport. The rest is a question of difference in macro and micromanagement, speed of reaction and effectiveness of the chosen strategy.

I hope, it is obvious, that symmetrical maps provide players equal chances to win - including, by teleport. The rest is a question of difference in macro and micromanagement, speed of reaction and effectiveness of the chosen strategy.
My concern lies more in the fact that teleportation will make certain strategies significantly more powerful than others. Symmetrical maps provide players equal chances to win, yes, but when one strategy becomes the only viable way to play the game quickly turns from a strategy game into a race to get offensive minions before the other players. And then I will have a game I simply don't enjoy anymore.

WftO is a good game because everybody, no matter their preferred playstyle, has a chance to win. If I lose a game before I can even get a proper army going I get upset. Not because I lost but because there was no way for me to win. This is what I expect to happen when teleporters are introduced, and this is why I do not support them.

Sonny Bos

Firebreather
Mar 22, 2013
Amsterdam
ive actually been thinking about this too.. and rather then a room or claimable object i think it should be a construct.. now im playing a lot of comunity maps some of them are rather large.. and some of them have a walled off area
now in these 2 cases having a teleporter would be very handy since minions will always complain that they cannot reach their lair.. (it also seems they are to stupid to just make a new lair when the old one is out of reach and the new one can be made just 2 tiles away)
as for walled off area's im talking walled off with impenetrabel rock here, there may sometimes be a minion portal behind it.. causing the player to go there every time when a minion spawns en casting teleport on it

now one of these teleporting constructs could have a very easy working.. minion uses the teleporter en it will cast teleport (spell) on the minion without interferance of player
but like stated before how will this fit in into the pathing of minions, it could be a simple thing as a matter of prio, but i dont think thats the case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom