• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Terrain] Stalactite/Stalagmite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2013
Caves the world over have these spiky formations, which, when they connect, form what's called a column. In the caves of the underworld, is it not a bit odd that these cryptic looking, jagged formations of rock and limestone do not show themselves in your underworld?

What can they do? Well, I figure that when on tiles, the mites and tites could make them a bit narrower as to make traversing locations harder. If each tile, like in the first DK game, were composed of 3x3 small spaces, then a stalagmite forming in the top corner would prevent movement in that corner. Blood Imps can claim tiles with these objects, but indivdual imps must chip away at each one on a tile to fully remove it otherwise, even if you've claimed it.

If not, then perhaps they're unmovable. A tile fully composed of stalagmites/tites could be an interesting puzzle mechanic where ranged units can fire over them but units cannot cross them, not even if flying.

Of course, I have no idea if such a thing would work, but who wouldn't want to see some more jagged looking places in the underworld?

Jan 3, 2013
Perhaps during campaign and missions.

Also not sure how it will work, more like an obstacle on the way to some objective.

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
So, the stalagmites would essentially serve as some sort of semi-penetrable wall/bottleneck (no units but spells/ missiles) ? In this case, I could very well imagine using them as a means to lock off neutral critical locations, especially gold shrines. On the other hand, I think it would be problematic that you can not (afaik) directly order your tougher melee units to protect the openings between the stalagmites in order to keep the enemy away from your squishy casters/ranged units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom