1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best template for Steam controller

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by Moreum, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Moreum

Moreum Crackpot Founder

Greetings dear community,

I had recently purchased steam controller the most complicated input device there is on the market right now and yes before all of you will say that it's shit well it's not it's just the user is shit with it I guess. It has a very steep learning curve which makes it unattractive for simple minded users. However, I would like to play from my couch with the game that doesn't require too much input such game as this one. Therefore, I'm asking to work with me on the template that would fit everybody's needs and be sorta universal when playing WFTO.

So far I modified DarOnister's template with extra zoom in zoom out you can see it in the community templates now let's see if you can modify mine or DarOnister's template or create a completely new one that will blow our minds.

You are free to discuss any steam controller template related issues here.

Biervampir [AUT] likes this.
  2. Electrolight

Electrolight Priestess Backer

If I ever get a Steam controller, I'd like to help out. Any chance you can link to this template you reference?

3. Lord of Riva

Lord of Riva The Lord Founder

i personally think that both the UI and the actual gameplay doesnt lend itself well to a controller, i seriously doubt that making WFTO controller friendly, from our side, is an endeavor we can take on.

but otherwise i naturally wish you luck and success with your plans

Moreum likes this.
  4. Fireeye

Fireeye Shadow Backer

Playing RTS games with a controller is just a nervous breakdown waiting to happen, imho. Stick with keyboard and mouse.

5. Moreum

Moreum Crackpot Founder

any of you have ever seen the beast controller from Steam before you jump to conclusions ?