• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The crash at launch games (no solution works)

Dec 10, 2015
Hello ,
We bought the game and it was functional but now since the patch ... NOTHING

When launching the games on steam, load arrives at around 80% and crash

We try solutions, anti-virus, helmet, DirectX, graphics driver, uninstall / install ... nothing works!

The games're NOT FREE, I find it disgusting and incredibly horrible games that we buy a're not fucking work.

We love to play and now we can not, we buy and probably a patch will be released within 1 year ... we'll talk

We are under Window 10, and again we never had a problem.

Marados

Matriarch
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2013
Germany
Hi Reizei,
it looks like the game has problems loading the options file. Please delete the options.ini you will find here
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\War For The Overworld\WFTOGame_Data\GameData
and make sure you verify your steam cache after doing so.

Dear Sownowreplay,
could you please share your output log as described here with us. This would help to find the cause quickly.
Anyway, I can see your frustration. We are investigating the issue as soon as you post your log.
EDIT: I see you found a fix yourself.

Cheers,
Marados

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2015
Good day,

I have also found myself in this same perdiciments. I have not played the game in a little while but wanted to come back because of the great fun it is. As i started it today my game worked fine until it reached this point (poor manual translation searching*)

Anyway its on "nBFWxvM" on imgur. basically it stops loading at 95%

Anyway, tried what was suggested above deleting options (by renaming the old one to .old) then verifying. Updated my graphical drivers and did win updates. Nothing worked :(

Attachments

Jun 21, 2015
Just looked over simulair topics, they said something about win7 service pack and i have that to max sp1 already. I have however downloaded 2 maps from the workshop, before launching the game after the update

Jun 21, 2015
Deleted the local content, checked for remaining files etc. Then reinstalled. Though i am never a huge fan of it because usually in games it does not help me, surprisingly it helped. At least this first launch worked :)

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
Hello @Redisia,
didn't see you wrote here. I normally look only at the bug tracker.

Can you check:
  • Do you use a Wireless USB Headset/Headphones? If so, does the game start when you unplug it? Then make sure it is set to main audio device.
  • Is AVG Antivirus installed? If so can you disable it/add an exeption for WftO and see if it starts?

Can you also add your system specs?

Cheers

Aug 21, 2015
Hey boys, i was a got damn OG at dungeon keeper 2, so you can imagine my urge to duke it out once more.

sadly the game refuse to go any further than the loadingscreen at startup.

NOTE: i have already deleted options.ini and done the verify thingy with steam.

here's the tech info, Windows 7: thanks in advance ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
Hey @Horny_Reaper

Did you also investigate:

Can you check:
  • Do you use a Wireless USB Headset/Headphones? If so, does the game start when you unplug it? Then make sure it is set to main audio device.
  • Is AVG Antivirus installed? If so can you disable it/add an exeption for WftO and see if it starts?
?

Can you also add more of your system specs?

Is it Windows 7 32bit or 64bit?

Do you have Windows 7 Service Pack 1 installed?
(The log looks like you haven't and this could well be a problem)

What's your CPU and GPU?

How much RAM is installed?

Cheers

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
no avg or headset, but i will check the auditory department when im done here ;p
Hrm, almost everyone who still encounters a start up crash is suffering from one of both.

So you do not use any USB speakers/headphones but the normal speaker port?

Do you have any other AV or Security software which might prevent the game from starting?
Can you try if it starts by temporarily disabling it?

Service pack 1 is blocking me from this gr8 game? Cuuurses :/
The log said:
OS-Version: 6.1.7600
which is normally Windows 7 without service pack. Windows 7 with service pack is normally version 6.1.7601.

But if you have Service Pack 1 installed all is fine on this matter.

Aug 21, 2015
First, let me thank you for taking your time with this :)

As matter of fact i DO have USB speakers. game started up just fine when i disabled them.

have avira antivirus, works like a charm in the backround when game's up. :)

While i still got your attention. . . you think USB speakers may chause harm to my computer? or just games? my computer's got these horrible freezes, each freeze last's about 2 - 7 min. And then there's this 1 time i even got a blue screen.

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
Great so we found the culprit! :)
It is normally no issue but the Unity version we use to build the game has a bug which makes the entire game crash when you use USB speakers which are not set as main audio device.
For the vast majority of people the problem was resolved by setting their USB speakers as default audio device. (control panel -> sound)
There was just one case where it didn't but he found this workaround:
https://forum.subterraneangames.com...been-able-to-play-for-months.9312/#post-91083

Hope you can play now without troubles.

Cheers

Aug 21, 2015
thats odd,

the speakers works fine with the game if i switch from mono to stereo sound.

i dont even need to delete the option.ini file. . . and the only change i've done is allready mentioned above. . . more confusing than amusing i'd say.

hope this info helps future gamers ;))

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
Yea indeed, if this helps fixing it. Thanks for the hint!
Glad you not need to apply any workaround and I wish you a lot fun playing now :)

Top Bottom