1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Merging [Warning: Image-Heavy... eventually]

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Amon, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Amon

Amon Ember Demon

This is a game idea I have been working on for some time, though I personally am useless at everything but a few models and the basic story.

Basically, the point of this thread will be to keep anyone who is interested up to date on any and all progress I am making on it, including when I manage to convince a programmer / artist / sound person / v.o actor etc. to work with me for free.

Anyone who wants any more information may, of course, pm me.

Now, pt. 1 of the [highly inconsistent] Merging Mondays, coming to you live and too damn early. This week / month / whatever features the first model to be "finished" [though not fully textured], a brief overview of the story's beginning, and a once in a lifetime deal [not necessarily in that order]

The Merging Intro Overview
    A thousand years ago, Humans rules the world. The 'superstitious' ages of darkness, where magic was real and monsters stalked every forest, haunted every ruin and lurked in every cavern, were long gone. Our greatest cities covered miles upon miles of land, and even stretched over the once indomitable ocean. Our technology was supreme, our rule complete

But then, a thousand years ago, we knew we were the only ones here.

How naive we were...

The Cardinal of the Burning Spire
    Cardinal of the Burning Spire.jpg
    Intended to be one of the earliest bosses of the game, if the player is following the primary storyline.

One of the Champions of the Demonic Overlord, [redacted], the Cardinal was chosen to be the Slavemaster of the Legion who conquered the western lands in the final years of the Breach Wars. Though many millions of humans, elves, dwarves, orcs and other unfortunates wear the bleeding chains of a slave in his citadel, there are a few that choose to serve him willingly, and so are given a far worse fate - to be infused with a portion of his being, and so become one of the undying acolytes and zealots who prowl the eternal corridors of the Spire, feasting upon the flesh of the dead, dying and broken wretches that toil to serve their new masters.

His strength is not his speed [he floats along rather sluggishly] or his physical might [which is laughable], but his ability to summon a near endless stream of 'Zealots' and 'Acolytes' to swamp the player and their party.

Though he is officially in charge of the Spire, the Cardinal will not be the primary boss of said area.
    Cardinal of the Burning Spire [front].jpg Cardinal of the Burning Spire [back].jpg Cardinal of the Burning Spire [side].jpg

The Deal
    You read these updates, and I will be happy with you.

Any and all suggestions are, of course, welcome

The next update will cover some of the basic game mechanics, as well as a look at the Burning Spire itself...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    Medjay, theHword, Antking and 3 others like this.
  2. Amon

Amon Ember Demon

Just a quick little update, I [may] already have someone on my team, if all goes well. Mr. Manos Abou Chabke, also known as Executeu, has spoken to me on steam, and I believe we have reached an agreement acceptable to us both.

As a quick preview, this is one of his works that we think will be used at the Main Menu and in the Credits [as well as several other, yet to be revealed places]: Deguitarlay

The Merging Team [me] officially welcome Executeu to the team / coven / barrel'o'monkeys / whatever. Let his name be recorded in the credits as Official Soundtrack Composer, unless and until he wishes to step down, or is proven incapable through injury, illness or insanity.

executeu likes this.
  3. executeu

executeu Bloodling

Thank you for great introduction Amon ! im glad i finally get the chance to put my musical pieces at a potentially amazing game . I never give up, its my nature, If anyone has got as well musical talent join in the club ! hehe More to come soon ! your support counts !

Amon likes this.
  4. Nutter

Nutter Inquisitor Founder

That thing needs nipples, scaly skin and also maybe scar tissue, also it's head horns should be sharper :p

EDIT - And it's bottom/ass is weird...

EDIT 2 - Don't try and make a mouth in Mudbox (which im guessing you're using), leave an open space and model the teeth as a separate object.

5. executeu

executeu Bloodling

Maybe could have an " Aura " and it can be a " flying unit " . the body layout is creepy which is nice, the face needs work, maybe 2 huge teeth perpendicular another 2 huge teeth, redish glowing eyes, hair made of fire ? and yea, could have 4 horns .

6. Amon

Amon Ember Demon

1. Indeed. I definitely want to do that sometime in the next few days. I "finished" (*laughs*) the model only a few minutes before I took the pictures. I haven't yet figured out how to make things pointy in the program I use [still rather new at it]
    2. Oh? Is this good weird arse, or bad weird arse?
    3. I use ZBrush... and am kinda attached to the mouth... though not to the point where I wouldn't change it if another, better, idea was presented.
    • He is definitely a flyer... Or rather, a floater. Those puny legs wouldn't be able to support his weight.
    • When I figure out how to do it, I will make those 'eyes' of his glow.
    • With the teeth, could you draw what you mean in Paint or something? I'm not really sure I understand what you mean. *Edit: Could you do the same with the Aura?
    • Not sure about the hair. Will get back to you on it
    • He already has four horns on his head. Two big ones... and two tiny little stumps :)

7. Nutter

Ahh Zbrush, either way it had the markings of a 3d model sculpted rather than modeled using polys first. I could always take a look at it, "fix" the model in 3dsmax and then see what I can about adding some detailing on the textures in mudbox..

8. executeu

executeu Bloodling

bro, i wish i could design something to show you what i mean but i cant do it on paint.... looks so rubbish...

i can give you idea, you know the trolls in world of warcraft ? their teeth , they have 4 big teeth, 2 up and 2 down but extremely big

regarding the Aura : i can describe what can be around it, since the unit is a summoner, it makes sense his aura to be in a round of small skeleton heads,

maybe a aura of souls would look even cool .

9. Amon

Amon Ember Demon

If you are absolutely certain, yeah, you can take a look at it, just so long as you give me credit for the original model :)
    I use Sculptris for the basic model, and then GoZ it into ZBrush to do more details and the texturing
    Post an email, and I will use WeTransfer to send it to you
    Now I know what you mean for the teeth. I think I can work with that. Emphasize the animalistic aspect of him.
    I know it's from an old, goofy-arse show, but is this the sort of thing you mean for the aura?
    [​IMG]

10. Nutter

You've emailed me stuff before, it's the same email address lol

11. Amon

Amon Ember Demon

That means nothing... because I forgot to save it to my contacts :oops:. Tell me on Steam if you don't feel comfortable putting it here

12. Badwolf699

Badwolf699 Juggernaut Founder

[email protected]
    You should kickstart your project, once you have a template for it.

James likes this.
  13. Amon

Amon Ember Demon

I think I should wait until we at least have one team member with programming skills

14. theHword

theHword Templar

Know a thing or two about sound and music myself. I've got hundreds of songs and themes sitting aside, let me know if you'd like to listen through some and see if there's anything you like there :)

Amon likes this.
  15. executeu

executeu Bloodling

Now I know what you mean for the teeth. I think I can work with that. Emphasize the animalistic aspect of him.
    I know it's from an old, goofy-arse show, but is this the sort of thing you mean for the aura?
    [​IMG][/quote]

-> wow, exactly this what i had in mind but as a layout would be cool to have small skulls, well spotted bro cell !

and maybe a redish aura would be cool , red / black ...

16. Amon

Amon Ember Demon

I would love to listen to them, but remember that if you do join the team, you will be working with executeU, kay?

17. James

James Loremaster of Evil

I love Nutter.

Amon likes this.
  18. executeu

executeu Bloodling

theHword Dude, dont worry im very easy person, i do compositions on the guitar and use software such as riffworks standard version mostly for soundtracks etc.. bcz of its ability to use loop recordings and a bit of audacity, some logic but at a friend he got an imac and we use it for song compositions. would love to listen to what you have as well if its ok with you and see how we could cooperate. ( if you join the team ofc ) what i had in mind is we can compose pieces and see if we can add something to them or keep them as they are u know. send us a link to listen to your pieces :)

19. Nutter

I know James... I know :p

20. Badwolf699

Badwolf699 Juggernaut Founder

Ask Morgan Freeman on Twitter to be your Narrator.

Amon likes this.