• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Things you miss from the old days (when this was DKIII)

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
The title says it all - what do you guys miss most about the DKIII days.

For me, it is the Archlich and the Viking, both of which have been scrapped at various points, and both of which were mainly around in the DKIII days. I can't remember exactly why the poor sods were scrapped, but you can see a fragment of the Viking as one of the default Profile Pictures

The main reasons I liked them both is simple. They were badass, in their own way.

If you list something, please put a description of why you miss it. It doesn't have to be elaborate (just look at mine for an example)

Aug 8, 2013
Parts Unknown
well for me its from dust and Anno 1404.
From dust it an god like game with nature effects and tons of landscape adding(i like)
and Anno 1404 Finding resources, build an empire, just epic...Sadly No one is playing it online anymore

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
well for me its from dust and Anno 1404.
From dust it an god like game with nature effects and tons of landscape adding(i like)
and Anno 1404 Finding resources, build an empire, just epic...Sadly No one is playing it online anymore
Sigh... I mean from the original project, Mr. Unpronounceable name. You might not remember back then (I don't know if you only just found out about this, or have been watching from the shadows and only just decided to join the forums)

Aug 8, 2013
Parts Unknown
hahah Rutger van der Zee isnt to hard to say?:p
But i haven't see this game in the early state of Dev.
I did play the old Bullfrog Dungeon keeper 1,2 and gold version.
Loved it. Especially the Tempel. "The Gods are pleased with your sacrifice"

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
well i came after this game wasnt dk III anyomore. still im not sad about it, i think i wouldnt be as much interested msince then the devs would have serious troubles with copyright issues.

Im very happy that they choose to do things their way its harder to make an own IP than trying to copy a style of a game that wasnt their own.

Long Live WFTO long live the devs :D

May 22, 2013
Netherlands
well i came after this game wasnt dk III anyomore. still im not sad about it, i think i wouldnt be as much interested msince then the devs would have serious troubles with copyright issues.

Im very happy that they choose to do things their way its harder to make an own IP than trying to copy a style of a game that wasnt their own.

Long Live WFTO long live the devs :D

All hail!

Evi

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
I miss seeing my pixie's concept art being worked on, though most of it was... Not quite correct. I still have the first old pixie concept too,

Jan 3, 2013
The best thing to say would be the game itself and amazing maps released by people, because many of us uninstalled the game as it became too unstable on modern systems.

Top Bottom