• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Thoughts on the Beast Pen and the latest version

Well, lets get the obvious out of the way - The room itself doesn't look anywhere near as good as the likes of the Library and Slaughter Pen with their new funky lighting effects. However, I suspect this is down to a combination of the excellent work done to improve the graphical quality of the latter rooms whereas the Beast Pen is very much in its first iteration.

I am prepared to reserve judgement on the final look of the beast pen until it is further along in development. I like the idea of certain creatures using it instead of the lair although I am not sure about the spikes that ring it all. This is particularly the case where the beast pen crosses a door/passageway because the spike texture still shows on the floor tile in the beast pen even though there is no wall for them to protrude from. So, it looks a bit odd. Not sure if that is deliberate (I doubt it) but I think it needs tweaking.

On the whole a really good update though, especially plugging the memory leaks as that has allowed me to have a much better look at the game. The new graphical effects are really nice and the lighting for the library and slaughterpen is, as mentioned, excellent!

airgo

Disciple
WFTO Backer
Mar 1, 2013
i agree with everything you said. especially the spikes look odd at the moment. too flat in my opinion, almost like a texture.

Mozared

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Feb 17, 2013
The Beast Den graphics aren't working as intended - the room's missing parts we wanted to put in that aren't playing nice with the engine. It's doubtful the current version will go into release.

The Beast Den graphics aren't working as intended - the room's missing parts we wanted to put in that aren't playing nice with the engine. It's doubtful the current version will go into release.
What Mozared also meant to say is that there is currently no lighting in the room -- which is probably the reason that it's unimpressive compared to the rest of the rooms that got the great visual updates.

Also, once you get some lore around the Beast Den you'll appreciate why it looks the way it does. Have faith!

RMJ

Priestess
Jan 3, 2013
Denmark
I really like the idea of this room. But i wish it was more feral, as in it had more put into it, just shows that its a beast room. I mean i assume beasts are supposed to sleep in the room.

It would be cool if they had something to do in the room. Also since it has to be fairly large.

Maybe it could have running water through it or something. Bones of enemies on the wall, Animal nature and such :p

Jan 31, 2013
What Mozared also meant to say is that there is currently no lighting in the room -- which is probably the reason that it's unimpressive compared to the rest of the rooms that got the great visual updates.

Also, once you get some lore around the Beast Den you'll appreciate why it looks the way it does. Have faith!
After reading this i would like to know if there will be any "great visual updates" to make the rooms that already are up-to-date look even cooler?

Are the first rooms in a final retail like state or will there be even more effects and other updates added? like a bit of fog or something to enchant the atmosphere a bit?

Top Bottom