1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TotalBiscuit has inoperable cancer.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Galenwolf, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Galenwolf

Galenwolf Priestess

For those of you who don't know TotalBiscuit. He is a huge figure in the gaming community (youtuber, twitch streamer, reviewer, curator on steam, esports team owner and more) and showcased WFTO early on giving a big boost.

He had been diagnosed with colon cancer last year and everyone thought it was beaten... until today.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snlj3r

Well, I don't know if there is really a right way to tell people this, so I guess here goes. The CT did not come back negative. The cancer in the bowel is gone, but spots have appeared in my liver. They're not operable and there's no cure. Average life expectancy is 2-3 years, though there are outliers that live much longer. I'll be back on chemo in a few weeks, with the goal of pushing it back and keeping it there for as long as possible. I fully intend to be the outlier, the average is this way because most people that get this are old and not strong anymore. Who knows what they'll come up with in the next decade? I intend to beat it for as long as possible. Gonna need some time to process all of this. I don't really feel anything right now. Thanks.
    This. Sucks.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  2. Lord of Riva

Lord of Riva The Lord Founder

thanks for the headsup. Well that sucks, indeed,

sadly this is also part of live, i wish him luck.

3. Antking

Antking Skarg

This really sucks, TB was the first youtube reviewer I watched and the only one I have followed consistently. I've picked up several games based on his WTF is... series and I've really enjoyed his videos,especially the ones where he plays games with his wife such as hatoful boyfriend and the sims 4. Best wishes to TB and his family, I understand how hard it can be when family is affected since cancer took my grandfather in September :(.

Of note is the twitter message posted after the one in the OP:

Fuck this stupid disease. The average is going up after I'm done with it.

4. Lord of Riva

Lord of Riva The Lord Founder

5. Electrolight

Electrolight Priestess Backer

That sucks. TotalBiscuit and Angry Joe are the only youtubers in gaming I watch since I am not a child and refuse to waste my time and help make worthless nobody loser assclown douches like Pew Die Pie or Captain Sparklez richer. If TB goes, it will truly be a sad day. No one can replace him.

6. [DD]CR0NO

[DD]CR0NO Bloodling

I never got it that people watch other people play games on youtube. (pure playing games i mean't, not tutorials, speedruns or walktroughts or that kind of stuff) Never been my thing. But i grew up with 286 Dos pc. Gues im a old fart (grandpa) when it comes to these trends. (30 already)

anyway: #savethelivingroom

ps. sucks that totalbiscuit has cancer offcourse even tho i never watched his stuff online.

7. Roysten

Roysten Disciple

Goodluck to Totalbiscuit, long may he be an outlier and buck the trend! Hopefully with a good quality of life and fully in the knowledge of the support he has in online communities like this.

Amon likes this.
  8. RachniKiller

RachniKiller Gargoyle Backer

I think people watch video games for 2 reason.

Reason one to experiences things on a level of play they cant mach. Such as pro league of legends or starcraft. This is ore like watching a professional athlete play baseball or football.

Reason two watch a personality they find entertaining . Such as lets players. its the same similar to why people watch comedians or talk show hosts

9. Aotrs Commander

Aotrs Commander Warden Backer

That's pretty damn terrible news. I've not seen a lot of his stuff, mostly know of him through other folk like Jim Sterling or AngryJoe. I can only wish him and his friends and family the best.