• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Trap] Demon Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2013
Parts Unknown
This trap could be really nice for Sloth, you could add this trap to a wall of your claimed corridors, the mechanic of this trap could be kill enemy imps that try to conquer your corridors, I think would be very useful and it could have an animation like the wall itself eats the creature that steps in front of it.

Demon Wall

Stats:

Uses: Until destroyed or sold.
Blood cost: medium when triggered.
Target: single target.
Friendly Fire: no.
Cooldown: should be quick.
Recovery: none, can not be repaired.
Function: When triggered, the wall becomes a big mouth with teeth that does damage / If it's an Imp it will kill it instantly.
Appearance: The wall takes the shape of a dog-like mouth and tries to eat the creature.

Medjay

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
Would this work by placing the trap on a pre-existing wall or by digging out a space and then creating a new block of wall which is demonic?

May 30, 2013
Finland
Would work on a pre-existing reenforced wall
Would it destroy the wall? If these wouldn't have upkeep and could be placed in any reinforced wall, it could be quite impossible to get enough imps to blow through well reinforced fortresses. If the walls would break, it would atleast leave fortified zones quite vulnerable to continuous attacks (ofc you could create new walls to their places and rebuild whole trap zone, but it would take more micro and effort than just planting these on any wall all day killing lots of enemy imps, which probably cost hefty amounts of blood).

Jun 21, 2013
Parts Unknown
well It can be destroyed by creatures, and since it's single target it should be no problem, the idea is to keep enemy imps out of your corridors and force great fights to be in corridors, I mean, Wrath vein will be stronger for fights than Sloth, if they just fight in a wide area like a room probably Sloth will lose, the idea is to promote fights on small places where Sloth can take advantage, also I read a spell that can destroy fortified walls, that spell would destroy this trap as well, It's just an idea, ifSloth is going to be a defensive build then should probably have some mechanisms to control the area of influence easier than other veins

May 30, 2013
Finland
I like the idea, but it seems quite strong as i imagine it :). I've always thought rush/early builds like wrath are weak compared to late ones (in wfto greed) so i probly underestimate it. And by giving feed back i usually mean that idea is good, but maybe i can give different opinion => maybe a better suggestion overall. I like the idea of demonic runes trapping entreances and eating imps and maybe even dwarves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom