• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Trap] Lava Trap

What do you think?

• Good idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good idea but needs work

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Doesn't bother you if added or not

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2012
Traps
Name: Lava Trap (not sure of another name yet)

Uses: 1 use (unless built beside a lava pool?)

Blood cost: If it does use blood it would only use very little as there is only 1 use.

Target: Straight line down a hallway, similar to a boulder trap.

Friendly Fire: This would kill your own units as well.

Cooldown: If there is more than 1 use then there would be a long cooldown during which time the trap syphons up lava from a nearby pool.

Recovery: Kind of the same as above although the trap really wouldn't have health as it would most likely be hidden.

Information: This trap is build alongside a friendly fortified wall that could be hidden or just have a pipe sticking out of the wall.

Function: When activated by an enemy creature that doesn't resist lava it spills out a wave of lava burning any units that are hit by it.

Appearance: Probably just a pipe or similar sticking out of the wall.

Dec 19, 2011
Auckland/New Zealand
Are you suggesting a kind of improved Lava trap? There was already a lava trap in Dungeon Keeper incase you didnt know already. It didnt create a flow of lava, it made the tile the trap was constructed on vanish and turn into a lava tile dropping enemies into the lava created.
A flow of lava could be interesting, but I think this serves too similar a purpose as the boulder trap. I would personally prefer the boulder trap as you were able to guide it after it was set with slaps. Having too many traps which do more or less the same thing would eventually end up cluttering up the tool bar and make things obsolete in the game. Good games I have played never render things obsolete. Everything should have a important purpose in my opinion.

Aug 5, 2012
UK
Sounds a little overpowered especially if we're having a boulder trap as well, I would say a trap that can crack a 3x3 area of ground into lava, knocking down other objects in the area but not able to take down walls or floor tiles with doors on them. The impact of the trap should only do very low damage but the lava does very low damage every few seconds to any creature standing on it unless creature is flying or immune. The main use for this is more around the edge of a dungeon and to slow down intruders not to completely destroy anything nearby.

Sep 18, 2012
Sounds a little overpowered especially if we're having a boulder trap as well, I would say a trap that can crack a 3x3 area of ground into lava, knocking down other objects in the area but not able to take down walls or floor tiles with doors on them. The impact of the trap should only do very low damage but the lava does very low damage every few seconds to any creature standing on it unless creature is flying or immune. The main use for this is more around the edge of a dungeon and to slow down intruders not to completely destroy anything nearby.
Thanks for the feedback, this was just a suggestion that I thought of and just thought of sharing. But yeah I see where you are coming from, it would be extremely overpowered if there is already a boulder trap, I didn't realise the boulder trap was in WfTO and thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Many Thanks
-killerjerick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom