• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Trap] Obfuscater/Obscurer (smoke generator)

Would you like to have a trap like this in the game?

• Yes, interesting idea.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Yes, but in different way - I will describe it in discussion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it is crappy idea. I will explain in discussion.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

iggii

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Apr 15, 2012
Czech Republic
Name: Obfuscater/Obscurer
(I liked the first two more than smoke generator, felt like it would better fit the game)

Stats:

Uses: Till destroyed or sold
Blood cost: very small
Target: multiple, area of effect - radius diameter 6-8 tiles
Friendly Fire: yes
Cooldown: medium to high
Recovery: none
Effect lasts for a medium to high time on the map.

After upgrade it has slightly enlarged radius.

Information: If [Terrain] Smoke/Toxic Vent ever makes it into the game, this trap could generate smoke/gas in near radius when trigerred by the enemy.

Function: As ment in the thread, flying units refuse to enter smog (both your and heroic fairies). Claiming ground covered with smog is up to 3x slower - so it is trap against enemy imps that are stealing your territory - it slows them down. A few creatures stealthy, undead or ethereal might gain minor combat bonuses.

Or it can be implemented as a dangerous gas producing trap. (in that case probably just a slight friendly fire?)

Appearance: My initial thought was as a bucket with water that stands above bucket with glowing coal. When triggered, that bucket has an opening bottom, which empties water/gas producing liquid on the coal (very easy animation - only the water level in bucket gets down and steam starts to produce underneath) and it produces steam, gas, smoke, you name it...
Picture added to thread.

iggii

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Apr 15, 2012
Czech Republic
If you will mostly like this idea, Im gonna later try to visualize it.

Also please tell us your ideas of appearance of a trap like this.

Add: if it remains as a bucket - little eye/hear candy. It is not sealed perfectly, so from time to time (like once every 25 minutes) there is a little steam (only as eyecandy - has no real effect) pushed from the coal with a sound. (as the little drop of water falls from the bottom of bucket)

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
Even if smoke or gas vents aren't included in the game, this "trap" could still be implemented using the same basic concept. If you have a heavily undead/stealth based army or an army that uses area of effect stuff, or if you just want to ruin the days of enemy archers, this would be very useful.

It's a simple idea, but I think it would make a good "trap." It's circumstantial, though, and obviously wouldn't be useful in every situation (perhaps even a majority of situations). It would be fun to have a boulder trap some distance from one of these, though. The enemy's creatures wouldn't even see it coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom