• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Trap] Ouija

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2013

Appearance - Evil fixed position training dummy. (Not the best image^)

Most traps remain camouflaged, invisible, waiting for their prey. The Ouija trap remains in plain view and should be placed in the most obvious of locations. One look upon the Ouija and you fall under its dark magic, you become compelled to train, only this trap decreases you level of skill. The victim continues to train and loose skill levels until rescued. Long cool down possibly.

This trap is vulnerable to magic, Underlords can rescue their possessed creatures by picking them up. I would tie this in to the witch doctor. The Ouija has the soul of a fallen warrior trapped within it, cursed to fight forever channelling energy from good to evil.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
One small teeny tiny problem... might just be an issue. Yeah underlords can't pick up their creatures on someone else's Area of Influence, which is where this trap would be placed... So yeah placing this trap would make creatures unrescuable via the underlord and sitting ducks for your minions to kill... and decreases their levels... IMO that's more OP than the boulder trap was

Jun 26, 2013
underlords can't pick up their creatures on someone else's Area of Influence,
Good point. It would have to be a spell of some sort to counter the effects of the traps dark magic and bring the creature back to it's senses.

Jan 7, 2012
Interesting, maybe only intelligent units like gnarlings could get affected.
While very intelligent creatures with a link to dark magic can recocknize that thers something wrong with this dummy.
A rally spell, the beginning of the next payday or an enemy approaching could release the trapped unit too, because thei minds can free themselves when it comes to very important dutys.
the time between two paydays is still enough to loose one or two levels.

Jan 7, 2012
We will have a bloodcost for picking em up, did you always looked after your scouting flys, ghosts and hellhounds?
It was almost impossible, if you had other things to manage. Some of them just disappeared misteriously.

Jun 26, 2013
We will have a bloodcost for picking em up, did you always looked after your scouting flys, ghosts and hellhounds?

I thought they had dropped the blood mechanic? I'm not sure what is the best way to go, maybe a simple slap will bring your creature out of the trance. You could have it where the use of a spell is need to rescue your creature?

Castigator

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Germany
I don't think it should be decreasing the expierience. It shouldn't increase enemy experience either, I offer a different approach to this interesting trap. I like the idea of a taunting trap. The trap taunts enemies into attacking it and is enchanted in such a way that physical damage will actually repair the trap. The trap can become a giant waste of time for your enemy, as the taunt will overwrite the call to arms spell. The only way to get rid of it would be to destroy it with magic. The Trap should have a medium to high HP pool and since physical damage increases its current HP (but not its maximum HP) It can be pretty difficult to take down. this trap can also be used in combination with other traps or you could capture enemies, that you lured in. This punishes onobservant players and AIs, it is also a good way to stop enemy scouts from entering your dungeon. They would attack the trap instead. The only way break the spell is to pick that creature up for significant blood cost, or possess it. If you decide to possess the creature, the enemy can simply drop his army right onto your scout and captures himself a new prisoner.

Jan 3, 2013
It was almost impossible, if you had other things to manage. Some of them just disappeared misteriously.
In DK1/DK2 there was a notification when one of your creatures is fighting. It was rather easy to detect who was fighting, especially if you were out of combat at the moment the notification came.

Anyway, I doubt anyone will let their creatures fight this trap too long.

Jan 7, 2012
Its an enchanted dummy not an enemy, if creatures died in traps or fighted against your own training dummys, you werent informed either.
"One of your chunders acted aggressive by kicking a stone!"
Lorewise it could be explained that underlords can just sense if willfull objects/organisms want to harm their units.

Jun 26, 2013
I don't think it should be decreasing the expierience. It shouldn't increase enemy experience either, I offer a different approach to this interesting trap. I like the idea of a taunting trap. The trap taunts enemies into attacking it and is enchanted in such a way that physical damage will actually repair the trap. The trap can become a giant waste of time for your enemy, as the taunt will overwrite the call to arms spell. The only way to get rid of it would be to destroy it with magic. The Trap should have a medium to high HP pool and since physical damage increases its current HP (but not its maximum HP) It can be pretty difficult to take down. this trap can also be used in combination with other traps or you could capture enemies, that you lured in. This punishes onobservant players and AIs, it is also a good way to stop enemy scouts from entering your dungeon. They would attack the trap instead. The only way break the spell is to pick that creature up for significant blood cost, or possess it. If you decide to possess the creature, the enemy can simply drop his army right onto your scout and captures himself a new prisoner.
I think you have a much better idea of game mechanics than me. I like the idea of de levelling but I take your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom