• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[trap] Soul Prism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aedis

Blood Imp
Feb 3, 2013
Johannesburg, Gauteng
Soul prism levels up when creatures die next to it
Level 1
siphons health from target creature
visability - permanently invisable (maybe)
damage - 2 health every 3 sec (up for debate) possible increase over time
mana drain - very low and only when fired
Frendly fire - no
Note - only one leach beam per target
cost per trap - med -high

Level 2 (after 3 kills)
posses soul of hapless victem
Visibality - Becomes visible when triggered then dissappears when it loses control of target
Efeect - 10 sec
cooldown - 10-20 sec
Mana cost per shot - low -med
friendly fire - no
Note - possesed creature cannot be picked up (like the turncoat spell)

Level 3 (After 4 more kills)
instant kill
Visabilty - permanenty visable
mana per shot - high
friendly fire - no
Note - only one shot and resets back to level 1 after 10 or so seconds

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
... hmmm interesting idea...

Negative:
1.im not sure if i like the leveling system ... when i build traps i want to use them for specific purposes ... and if the effects change that much i cant control them.

2. Posses and Insta Kill : why do so many people want a turncoat spell/Trap? I just dont get it ... its either game breaking (since it stops the whole army ---> making a tunnel with these traps would be extremely strong) (same things as the mind Bomb idea, at least there is no buff XD) or useless ... a Spell version at least can be balanced with blood cost.
and Insta-Kill? Really ? i just dont want to talk about this, my head might explode XD
please no, no insta Kill i just dont want to see my level 10 Augre get killed INSTANTLY ...

Positive:
1.the level 1 Trap has a lot of potential in my opinion... low dmg life leech that heals nearby Friendly creatures sounds good to me ... its a way to stall the enemy and getting the favor in battle ... nice idea
2. in the level two section is a note : (possesed) creature cant be picked up ... this is a really nice effect ... its not too strong but can help you weakening an attacker by making a important kill and thus helping to counter this attack.
so if we forget about the turncoat part its a really nice trap ;)

As always this is just my opinion. Keep up the good work we dont have enough Traps anyway ;)
Adding this ;)

Aedis

Blood Imp
Feb 3, 2013
Johannesburg, Gauteng
Here I was just trying to put forward something a bit different, a reward for actually having a well placed trap

Leveling a soul prism will be difficult because the creature has to die in a certain vicinaty which in my opinion balances the trap as well as the fact that its pemanently invisable (level 1) meaning the creature wont be leached for very long unless theres something else there

Also for the Insta-kill, I wanted an ultimate reward for the perservearance of the trap but i might agree the possesion may be the reason for it being game breaking (maybe replace it with a shockwave attack or something and keep it permanently visable on level 2 so the possabilty of it being destroyed increases)

Reyh!

Arcanist
WFTO Backer
Dec 9, 2012
Norway
I like the idea of a trap that refuses you to possess a creature or kicks you out of a possess. Also, unable to pick the creature up i also like.

Jan 3, 2013
Here I was just trying to put forward something a bit different, a reward for actually having a well placed trap

Leveling a soul prism will be difficult because the creature has to die in a certain vicinaty which in my opinion balances the trap as well as the fact that its pemanently invisable (level 1) meaning the creature wont be leached for very long unless theres something else there

Also for the Insta-kill, I wanted an ultimate reward for the perservearance of the trap but i might agree the possesion may be the reason for it being game breaking (maybe replace it with a shockwave attack or something and keep it permanently visable on level 2 so the possabilty of it being destroyed increases)
When it comes to leveling trap you can just feed enemies to it by dropping them with 1% hp in front of them.

The best idea here is having an ability to knock out player out of possession, this means you can be sure nobody does slip through it.

You should polish up your idea a bit, right now it looks like you try to split one trap into 3 with various effects.

Huntress
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
When it comes to leveling trap you can just feed enemies to it by dropping them with 1% hp in front of them.

The best idea here is having an ability to knock out player out of possession, this means you can be sure nobody does slip through it.

You should polish up your idea a bit, right now it looks like you try to split one trap into 3 with various effects.
That only works if levelling is "kill" based, and not "damage dealt" based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom