• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Trap] The bracelet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2013

Appearance: See above (what you don't see until activated is the fun bit on the other end)
Cost: medium
Type: Freeze trap with a twist.

Stepping on 'The bracelet' will cause it's sharp metal teeth to snap shut latching on to you, this is only the beginning of your high speed journey. On the other end is a Rocket (if not rocket, could be a creature) which fires off in a pre determined direction taking you with it.

I have to be honest, I just want to see creatures flying across the screen tied to a rocket, screaming as they go. :)

This could be quite a diverse trap. It slows creatures down. It can be positioned / aimed so the victim flies off into: a pool of lava, a wall, more traps.

Weak: Anything that does not walk like the Ember demon. Large tank units could be too heavy to move but would be slowed down.

Artaire

Bloodling
May 23, 2013
UK, Lancashire
Haha I think its awesome, I'm just thinking it might be better to have two versions though, a cheaper immobilize only version probably just called a bear trap or something more creative, and then this monster. which is of course the upgraded version of it kind of like how you have wooden doors, iron doors and so on.

Just thinking of the laughs I could get out of watching one of my demons getting sent flying across the room by this.

Clink* "Whats this latched onto my leg? Whats that sound? *Vroooooom. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH"

YES!

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
How about, rather than it being attached to a rocket or whatever it's attached to some mechanism in a wall by a chain; so when the trap is sprung, the bracelet clamps onto the leg and the chain is pulled quickly by the mechanism towards the wall it is attached to.
This could work by having the trap placed on a fortified wall, you then as the player drag the blueprint to where you want the a rural bracelet to be positioned. The further away from the wall you place it, the more the trap could cost.
It could even go round corners?
Sorry for the crude sketch here:
image.jpg

Jun 26, 2013
How about, rather than it being attached to a rocket or whatever it's attached to some mechanism in a wall by a chain; so when the trap is sprung, the bracelet clamps onto the leg and the chain is pulled quickly by the mechanism towards the wall it is attached to.

Nice idea, i'd be happy with that.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
we discussed al lot about moving "moving" traps. do you remember the Storm spell (if this is what its called) in DK where your minions got pushed back for a few tiles? if you have really dangerous tiles near its extremely dangerous.
This may be funny for the trap builder but could be to strong even more so if you can combine it with insta killing traps.

remember this is not a tower defense game, you have an army to fight

adding

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
That's why if its connected to a specific pathway (i.e. towards a fixed wall) then the danger wouldn't exist. It'd just be a tactical way of slowing down your enemies.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
That's why if its connected to a specific pathway (i.e. towards a fixed wall) then the danger wouldn't exist. It'd just be a tactical way of slowing down your enemies.
or to pull him into stronger traps, lava, your lair etc.

there are a lot of great and interesting ways to do it but then the enmy army gets divided and crushed through a lot of traps meaning your creatures wont have anbything to do. i think the idea is pretty funny and could be used in a lot of ways. but it may not work in essentially an RTS game

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
I suppose... But surely for a sloth player, their key defense is in weakening an attacking army with traps, so their fewer numbers can finish them off?

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
im not sure if a sloth player has less creatures but he has different ones ;)

yeah traps should be good enough to be useful but weak enough that attacking players stand a chance

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
Well ok, but to save money. A sloth player may spend less on training minions and more on building defences. Either way, their fighting force is going to be weaker than a wrath player. So they need the advantage of traps that break up the attackers army.

Jan 3, 2013
Let it be a normal trap without rocket and complex stuff. You may however add a chain effect to it witch could prevent player from picking up a creature for few seconds after it got caught in this trap. While trap is on, creature would move slower and lose health over time.

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
Another adaptation on this trap. (Simpler and less op) call it a 'snare' it simply puts a noose round ankle of its victim, raising it to the ceiling. When creatures broke free, they'd fall to the ground stunned (as in dk2, when you drop a minion). This essentially makes it a prolonged stunning trap.

More complex features could be involved, such as:
It breaking on the heaviest, bulkiest creatures;
It simply tripping over very strong creatures;
Agile creatures get fully hoisted up, however quickly are able to release themselves, before falling gracefully to their feet;
The weakest creatures are stuck! They have been hoisted up and are too feeble to undo the knot; they are sitting ducks for your minions!

Also friendly creatures (to the victim) could cut the rope/chain, rescuing the victim.

In all a simple but effective snare trap to catch out the rogue scouts or slow an incoming raid, without the mentioned risks of the 'moving traps' and more interesting than a basic 'bear-trap'

Jan 3, 2013
Well ok, but to save money. A sloth player may spend less on training minions and more on building defences. Either way, their fighting force is going to be weaker than a wrath player. So they need the advantage of traps that break up the attackers army.
Technically, traps, despite being quite useful if well positioned are very situational. Based on map layout and position of heroes/enemies it may be wise to focus on army, even for Sloth player because being covered by traps may not be always effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom