• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Traps] Mind Bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aedis

Blood Imp
Feb 3, 2013
Johannesburg, Gauteng
Name: Mind Bomb

Stats
Mana cost per shot: a lot
Cooldown: 30sec - 1 min
Taget: Directional Area of affect
Frendly Fire: yes
Duration: 10 sec
Range: medium (4 - 5 squares lenght 2-3 squares width)
Warm up time: 1-2 sec
Fixed direction
Disables creature interaction

Information
Target creatures go beresek, targeting the closest thing next to them (friend, foe, random object)
Affected creatures gain +5-10% Attack power and a -10-15% armour malus
Target line of sight is a cone shape (so it can be flanked and attacked from behind)

Function
The trap is designed to make your targets fight ammongst themselves, buying time to rally the troops or deter attempt on your dungeon (dont build to close to own creatures otherwise you will find them trying to kill you if your not careful)

Appearance
A pedastal with a Demons head with glowing eyes
or a statue of a Siren astride some waves in mid scream

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
another Trap nice .. we dont have enough ideas on that ;)

in my Opinion it should absolutely have friendly fire otherwise it could be way too OP (maybe you should think about the buff/Debuff )

i will add it ;)

Aedis

Blood Imp
Feb 3, 2013
Johannesburg, Gauteng
Buff/debuff is nessisary beacuse it is a directional weapon and open to being flanked and making it a one (though admittidly powerful) weapon. Plus it gives you more incentive to place it away (Far Away) from creature traffic and important things like the heart. Also if only one creature gets hit.... well you get the idea

Warm up time added so it doesnt fire on only one creature

Jan 3, 2013
The thing is - player will pick up that mad creature, wait until cooldown wears off and return it to nearest area possible.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
The thing is - player will pick up that mad creature, wait until cooldown wears off and return it to nearest area possible.
with the blood cost evolved and the trap being at least in no mans land (none underlord zone) i dont think this is that easy.

again im afraid its just too powerful...
lets say 5 creatures run over it when it fires all of them get weaker armor and higher attack (im not sure of the mechanics but lets just they they do 45% more damage to each other)
you say its a cone shaped trap so friendly fire isnt a problem (the enemy will "always" be closing in from the opposite direction than you)
so you have 5 creatures hacking at each other for 10 seconds being an even greater thread because of the Buff. so im going to throw 10 cultists/ranged DPS creature in the same tunnel and theys go and fire everything they have without being in any danger and making 45% more dmg.
Thats awfully strong ... and game breaking (i like the general idea but it sounds way to strong for me)
since this is a Trap ... my creatures (if they still live after 10 seconds of this) go further to attack you cultists... and bam another of these Traps activate and they are like surely dead

Jan 3, 2013
The cost won't be high if the victim creature has high or max hp.

The problem is it's especially dangerous in narrow areas, but any smart play will make sure creatures don't do damage to allies, thus get them picked up as soon as someone falls into a trap.

Also, if trap will be visible, it will be kinda pointless to use.

Aedis

Blood Imp
Feb 3, 2013
Johannesburg, Gauteng
(I left these details out) It has a fixed firing line and fires more like a cannon which allows creatures to be picked up or get behind it before its fires (warm up delay might need to be extended)
The Mind bomb like the Turncoat spell in DK2 will disable picking up creatures and kicks out any possesors
Changed the buff/debuff
As for mechanics its a small percentage not a huge ass number (45% seriously?) just enough to give the edge
Also, what idiot decides to put everything in 1 tiny assed tunnel. Come on people, dont you remember the boulder trap. (I once created a room full of lightning traps just to watch the enemy fry, it was hilarious)

Jan 3, 2013
Boulder trap is the easiest one to dodge. In game like WFTO where picking up entire army would cost blood it would be good.

Again, as I said, if trap is visible, player won't go through that corridor or use the weakest creature in possession mode and manually trigger it.

Otherwise, opponent will have to deal with very annoying invisible trap wich can screw the pushing and make him restart entire attack from the beginning.

Aedis

Blood Imp
Feb 3, 2013
Johannesburg, Gauteng
Its just to powerful to be invisable and would definatly break the game.

As a deterrant it has a lot of value and it must be used with other traps as either decoys or lone bastard killers for maximum effect

The trap was designed to be a hinderance or a deterrant so that the enemy wont just overwhelm an opponent with sheer bulk (which I find becomes a game killer) and actually make the players think

Jan 3, 2013
Its just to powerful to be invisable and would definatly break the game.

As a deterrant it has a lot of value and it must be used with other traps as either decoys or lone bastard killers for maximum effect

The trap was designed to be a hinderance or a deterrant so that the enemy wont just overwhelm an opponent with sheer bulk (which I find becomes a game killer) and actually make the players think
But then opponent will make it's own way to your dungeon, the one that doesn't have a trap on it.

Jan 3, 2013
Whats your point?o_O
If you control your opponent then its a win-win
The point is trap like this is equal to a ''you shall not pass'' sign, wich means smart player will be forced to dig his own tunnel to your dungeon, wich also means your trap will never get triggered.

Aedis

Blood Imp
Feb 3, 2013
Johannesburg, Gauteng
Mind Bomb (alternative)

Cost - med
Mana per shot - High
No. of shots - 1
Target - AOE or single target
Blast radius - small (for AOE only)
Buff/debuff - +10% (att) -15% (armour)
Visability - permanently visable (maybe) (invisable if single target)
Disables creature interaction
Duration - 10s
Friendly fire - Yes (depends if AOE)
Info- Its an actual bomb now!:eek: A one use trap that makes 1 or more creatures go crazy. I left it like this so you can weigh the pros and cons of thees 2 alternatives (AOE or Single target) personly I prefer this version beacuse it shouldnt be game breaking and can allow multiple traps. I still like the buff/debuff

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
yes now without the "turncoat" effect it sounds way better to me ^^

although now it seems a little expensive to me (and friendly fire was just to counter the turncoat effect in my sugestion so its not necessary). XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom