1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Underlord Central: Fan-made WFTO Youtube Channel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jari Nierop, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Jari Nierop

Jari Nierop Warden Backer

EDIT: The name of our channel is going to be: ''Underlord Central"
    link: https://www.youtube.com/user/UnderlordCentral

I lately mentioned that I might be willing to make a fan channel on youtube centered around WFTO. As I was apparently not the only one with this idea Moreum came up with the idea to Collaborate. We do however need ideas for this channel and some of us will have to do the necessary research on movie making. I already had the following ideas of what we could do on this channel:

- Let's plays of War For The Overworld
    - Coverage on the Biweekly BETA updates
    - Tips, tricks and strategy videos
    - Coverage on mods and maps (Like Skyrim's mod sanctuary)
    - Coverage on game elements (Like themes, creatures, etc.)
    - Multiplayer Tournaments
    -
    -

EDIT: Now we have established our youtube channel we will need a nice fitting background, that's were you come in! Make a nice background image and the one which gets the most likes will be used on our youtube channel! We'll get into the competition later, for now make sure we get plenty material. By making this competition we are trying to involve the community into our channel. You can get a template at peetfighters post on page 4 :http://subterraneangames.com/threads/wfto-centered-youtube-channel.2574/page-4

2. sorudo

sorudo Warden Backer

keep it simple, there is no need to go all out and add stuff barely anyone cares about.
    all it needs is the up-to-date videos, interviews and reviews from other sources.

the name can be simply "WftO source: for all your WftO needs"

Moreum likes this.
  3. Moreum

Moreum Crackpot Founder

Okay you forgot to mention Peetfighter who has experience and already has a channel and as well Sebulon who said that he has already some experience in video editing. There's also two more people who I've never seen mention it on the forums and talked about it on irc and they are NaGel182 and Arki. NaGel182 has a twitch.tv streaming channel and we actually played with him where he streamed the gameplay of Path of Exile and Arki is somewhat mysterious since he just mentioned that he wants to do it maybe.

Regarding collaboration I think we should have each of our own channels as well but feature or promote each other it would be like a network of WFTO community members who created their channels and perhaps do one central channel like you have suggested featuring different channels videos and collaborated videos.

I like those idea and I had the same ones but for me when it comes to ideas I can't seem to put in writing so I'll just quote these ones:
    As far as discussing things I have nothing to discuss for now but I believe in the future I will do so quite often.
    However, before finishing I would like to show off what I've got so far for my channel there's only one video which is just my intro that says Moreum and that's it so far and here's the link.

Peetfighter likes this.
  4. Peetfighter

Peetfighter Augre Founder

I have pretty good skills in editing videos with my trusty Sony Vegas Pro 12. ;)
    Perhaps people could send me videos to edit and I'll send it back for upload.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Peetfighter

Moreum likes this.
  5. NaGeL

NaGeL Priestess Founder

Sup NaGeL here.

I just started the streaming business recently, but i did a few edits with Sony vegas back in the days, but nothing much. I started as to get some experience streaming before i start streaming WFTO , but now i decided just to stream whatever game i like. Like Warframe and Path Of exile.

I planning just to stream my general game play and try to commentate it traning myself to commentate on WFTO tournaments, and i want to do one when multiplayer gets implemented.

So I'm for collabs, and i think the best would be if do join forces in one big channel, and we have our own channels much like how the Game station does it.
    You know total biscuit, Dodger and the rest.

Also it would be a good idea to play together at least one before we start this, so we get to know each other a bit.

Oh and my twitch.tv account: http://www.twitch.tv/nagel182

6. Jari Nierop

Jari Nierop Warden Backer

That's ok, of course we can retain our own channels and upload our own stuff on it, but also have a big channel at the same time where we also post our videos on, like Machinima. I will need to do some research on video editing as I also like to be able to do some basic editing myself. I'm still trying to come up with a name, maybe something like:
    The Under Archives?
    or
    Underworlds Hub?

I suck at making up names :/

Moreum likes this.
  7. Moreum

Moreum Crackpot Founder

Okay just to clear things up I did not make the intro it was created by a talented indvidual Ray Mairlot. His channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/madog1209 please check it out. I also put a description on the video so there's no confusion later on.

Anyways I have to agree that there's a need for a central channel but here's my questions who will be in charge of it meaning who will register it and what name should it be?

I like both names Jari Nierop suggested:

I also suck at making up names so I've got nothing so far oh wait perhaps "Underlords Hangout" .

8. Peetfighter

WFTODaily, BloodImpGossip, AllQuietOnTheOverworldFront, BedrockBetaGaming, UnderlordCentral or GnarlingGaming?

9. Peetfighter

Well you need to make/have a 2nd email account to make a second channel. I'm not going to register since it was a pain in the ass making one Email address already. >.<

10. NaGeL

NaGeL Priestess Founder

The Dark Lord's Tunel.
    The Tunnel Hub.
    The Dungeon Heart .
    The belly of the Beast-
    The Lords of the Unerworld

The war For the Views :p

my 5 cents to the names

Jari Nierop likes this.
  11. Moreum

Moreum Crackpot Founder

Well I can register a second email on gmail really fast I guess. However, to be fair there must be multiple users to the channel hence I think we should come up with the name first then register and decide who gets access. I guess those who are interested in it so far will get access to the email and the central youtube channel.

Jari Nierop and Peetfighter like this.
  12. Sebulon

Sebulon Disciple Backer

So I am very used to PhotoShop and as I said in the other thread I have gathered a bit exp in Premiere Pro. My youtube channel is as good as empty, just uploaded a video of a birthday some years ago, really nothing to show off. :D

But you can pm me, so I can give you a link to the video I edited last year. (I don't know if the people who played in the vid would allow me to show it in public.)

And I know that a classmate of mine is really into videos and also waits eagerly for WftO. I'm going to get him into this thread ... soon® ...

Jari Nierop and Moreum like this.
  13. Peetfighter

Well I assume we all agree that Moreum will make the channel, can you send me and anyone else who is interested the password via PM or Steam?

14. Moreum

Moreum Crackpot Founder

Okay then I will and here's a list one members who will get password to it:

Peetfighter
    Sebulon
    NaGel
    Jari Nierop
    Moreum

However, before creating the channel we will need to come up with the name and so far the names suggested:

The Dark Lord's Tunel
    The Tunnel Hub
    The Dungeon Heart
    The belly of the Beast
    The war For the Views
    WFTODaily
    BloodImpGossip
    AllQuietOnTheOverworldFront
    BedrockBetaGaming
    UnderlordCentral
    GnarlingGaming
    The Under Archives
    Underworlds Hub
    Underlords Hangout

*sorry there's no particular order to the lists*

my own suggestions for a name that comes from BloodImpGossip:
    StumpysGossip

Therefore, I would like to suggest some kind of voting system on the name. Please choose three names that you like and we will see what will happen since I have no idea how to come up with a good system of choosing the name.

my list of favourite names is:

WFTODaily
    StumpysGossip

15. NaGeL

NaGeL Priestess Founder

The war for the views was just a joke....

and honestly i would go with the Tunnel Hub.. or The lords of the Underworld..

I know bot h is mine but damn.. i dont like the others..

maybea spin on another name: Stumpy's archive.

16. Peetfighter

I suspect the name The Lords of the Underworld has already been taken.

17. Moreum

Moreum Crackpot Founder

I like Stumpy's Archive but it would have to be in one word for username though like stumpysarchive.

18. Sebulon

Sebulon Disciple Backer

Got other names, too:

Inside WftO
    Gateway to the Underworld

My favs from the list are:
    GnarlingGaming
    WFTODaily
    The Dungeon Heart

19. Peetfighter

Some other ideas: UnderworldPortal, DungeonHallway, AugreGaming, CultistGaming, BloodlingGaming, SubterraneanGaming, BloodImpGaming, BloodLordGaming, more to come hopefully...

20. Cultist Joris

Cultist Joris Ember Demon Founder

Maybe 'Locked in the Foundry'? ;)

EDIT: You forgot BloodimpGaming... :p