• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

(Underlord Creature) Blood Golem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2012
Name:Blood Golem

Description/Preface:A twisted creature conjured from a cultist ritual.

link1-
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/102/6/2/Blood_Golem_by_Fault_Classic.png

link3-
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/188/f/7/flesh_golem_by_kachima-d56cccw.jpg

Key Stats
Highlight:
The Blood golem is a very strange being. It does not eat in the slaughter pen nor does it rest in the traditional lair. It instead rests either in your nexus or where a battle took place. Its food source is blood. The Blood Golem does not care for the slaughter pen menu and will prefer feeding on fallen enemies.

Faction: Underlord

Type: Other

Role: Support

Acquired By:cultist ritual

Basic Attack:[Melee] [Damage Type - generic] [power - below average]

Offensive Power: Weak

Defensive Power: weak

Resistances:Average vs All

Movement: average

Work: n/a

Entertainment: n/a
Special Needs: the blood golem does need rest but it requires no pay or traditional food

Upgrades: The blood golem can steal blood from a dead enemy and heal itself. If enough blood is collected the golem can cover its body with a shell of hardened blood. The blood shell acts as an extra health bar. The durability of the blood armor is below average but at least the blood golem will last a bit longer on the battle field.

Traits
Wound exploit:
Sometimes a creature will deal a nasty blow and cause a bleeding effect on a target. The Golem can take advantage of this; if it uses the blood slash ability the Golem can corrupt a targets blood and reduce his/her physical damage for a moderate period of time. (this won't work on ghost or skeletal creatures since they have no blood)

Fear:The Blood Golems grotesque and scary look can strike fear into weaker opponents, esp workers.

Abilities
blood slash:
this attack deals low damage, it's mostly used as a last resort or when in need to upgrade itself and to take advantage of an open wound.

Blood Spray:the golem sprays blood in a targets face blinding him/her for about 8 seconds (average cooldown) Note: creatures that are spirits or skeletal enemies won't be effected by this.

Boiling Blood:the golem soaks an enemy in boiling blood. This will inflict average damage over a course of 13 seconds (moderate cooldown)

Blood Ball:The golem releases a large ball of blood. The ball moves slow but the blood within swirls violently, causing targets to either be slowed or stunned if hit by it. (long cooldown)

Flavor
Appearance
: The pictures above are in line with what I want the creature to look like. I want the blood golem to be a scary & grotesque monster.

Likes: BLOOD,undead creatures (the blood golem is pretty much an undead abomination)

Dislikes: converted holy creatures like a priestess, etc. Vampires will be generally uncomfortable around the blood golem, due them being made of blood it makes them pretty temping for vampires to feed on. Blood golems don't like vampires much either for this exact reason. Good thing vampires are smart and know better not to kill these creatures since doing so will result in punishment, but if they become hungry and desperate enough your blood golems might be in trouble.

Behavior: The blood golem is a very unusual creature. They don't rest in the beast pen or lair, they require blood as a food source and don't need to be paid. The blood golem may rest within your nexus due to it being a giant heart & will also enjoy hanging around where a battle took place due to all of the spilt blood. The golem will even rest here and feed off as much blood as it can. This golems fascination with blood makes it a rather creepy and off kilter being to have roaming the underworld.

-it should be noted that the golem can get angry when without blood for too long and may even lose some upgrades if feeding is prolonged. The craving for blood greatly lessons as the creature gains more combat experience.

dungeon upgrader-the blood golem can use some of its upgrades to upgrade your dungeon when not in combat. It can use its blood armor to increase the durability of traps and doors.

Veins-Creating blood veins costs a lot of the Blood Golems energy which can only be regained via combat. The golem can create blood veins in your nexus to speed up the healing process when damaged. Boiling blood veins can be strewn across a wall and when breached it will spill and damage enemies. The boiling blood will stick to the floor for a while.

-make sure when you command a blood golem to produce veins you do so sparingly because it sucks up a lot of energy.

Last edited:

Sonny Bos

Firebreather
Mar 22, 2013
Amsterdam
dont really like this concept.. i mean if i claim an hero shrine i want to get hero's or even fallen hero's but i dont want more evil minions coming from good portals.. this could do as a nice ritual though.. kill a few minions sacrifice them and get a bloody minion

Zilla

Dwarven Worker
Mar 15, 2014
I like some of the ideas here, especially the idea that their food is instead blood. I would, however, make this both a liability as well as a strength, where they really need battles to sustain themselves. This would make them an impetus for an underlord to seek battles out more frequently.

I do wonder though if it might work better as a summon from a spell.

Sonny Bos

Firebreather
Mar 22, 2013
Amsterdam
a summoned unit can be fun.. if its not as OP as horny was in dk (he couldnt die) id love to be able to summon a unit (wich has normal health, and able to die) to a place where my dungeon is being breached so i have a few secconds to gather up some minions and get the real fight started

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
a summoned unit can be fun.. if its not as OP as horny was in dk (he couldnt die) id love to be able to summon a unit (wich has normal health, and able to die) to a place where my dungeon is being breached so i have a few secconds to gather up some minions and get the real fight started
i think thats essentially what the frost weaver is. except you drop them as a potion rather than 'summoning' them

Feb 9, 2012
Having summoned units is a good idea, its just not what I have in mind for this creature.

Feb 9, 2012
Made some minor updates: I changed the way they are attracted, only a cultist ritual is required not a corrupted hero shrine. I also added more to the dislike section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom