• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Underlord Creature] Brazen Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2012
Name: Brazen Bull

Description/Preface: The Brazen Bull was a sick form of torture that was carried out extensively by a much older generation of under lords, long before you came along. The torture device died out along with that generation. However these Brazen Bull devices can be found in old ruins of these ancient underlords. Within some of these ruins lies one of their old torture rooms with these Bulls still intact. Unfortunately you cannot build these types of torture chambers since they use a very outdated design but you can claim them.

Now before I explain how this becomes a living creature, let me tell you how this twisted thing works. The Brazen Bull device is a hollow metal bull, a prisoner is stuffed inside and a fire is lit under the bull, cooking the victim alive. When you use this the tormented soul within the device comes to life and animates the metal bull, twisting its figure in the process making it a horrid creature for you to command. Its vocals are nothing but muffled screams and cries.
link1-http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-y2UVzwXHoc8/UXXl51v-ypI/AAAAAAAAASw/eBKu4HUZJhY/s1600/bullwipprogweb.jpg

link2-http://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/793103-bigthumbnail.jpg

link3: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb.../images/5/50/Baal,_the_Twelve-Tailed_Bull.jpg

link4-http://www.greenmanreview.com/images/psb/psb_The-Red-Bull.jpg

Key Stats

Faction:
Underlord
Type:Other

Role: Melee Fighter/Tank.

Acquired By:killing a victim in a brazen bull device (the victim has to be small-average size otherwize it won't fit)

Basic Attack:[Melee] [Damage Type - slashing] [Power - above average]

Offensive Power: Moderate

Defensive Power:high

Resistances:strong vs fire///strong vs slashing///below average vs blunt///very strong vs poison///average vs cold

Movement:Moderate

Work: n/a

Entertainment: tavern

Special Needs:The brazen bull is never happy, it is a tormented soul in a distorted metal shell, forced to serve you against his/her will. This sad spirit will seek constant enlightenment, it may try to seek entertainment by visiting the tavern, it may also require a lot of gold. Give this creature the attention it needs, the bulls constant low mood makes it quick to anger. Training may also take his mind of things...maybe.

Upgrades: Not only does fire/heat attacks inflict little-no damage to the bull but they also work within its favor. The Brazen Bull can absorb these attacks and strengthen its heated trait (listed below). The damage can go as far as moderate for the heated trait.

Traits
Heated:
melee fighters take low fire damage when striking the brazen bull///this trait also gives the bull the ability to cause low heat damage with each melee attack

Twisted Sympathy: Because the soul inside the Brazen Bull was in such agony before death most Empire units will actually take pity on the creature despite it being quite dangerous. Underlord creatures will care less and only see it as a threat but the warriors of the empire have a conscience and can't help feeling bad for the poor tormented soul trapped inside this hot metal shell. Because of this, most Empire Units will have a 15-20% damage reduction when attacking the Bull.

Abilities
Steam:
The brazen bull breaths out a nasty cloud of extremely hot steam, inflicting above average fire/heat damage

Heated Charge: The Brazen Bull heats up to unbearable temperatures and charges at a target, inflicting moderate slash damage and above average heat/fire damage. This also has the chance to gourd the target causing a bleed effect; stunning or knocking over the enemy is also possible.

Red Hot: this may take a bit to charge up, once maxed out the bull will glow red, with heat haze surrounding it in a moderate radius, anything within this radius will take constant average heat/fire damage. This also gives the heated trait a temporary, yet powerful boost, attacks will now take high heat/fire damage when the red hot ability is active. Red Hot lasts for 10 seconds and has a long cool-down.

Flavor
Appearance
: An animated brazen bull torture device that has been twisted and looks rather demonic. The tormented soul within frequently emits screams & cries of pain.

Likes:to have something to do, if left idle then it starts to remember why it exists in the first place

Dislikes:though his attacks are heat based he actually doesn't like to see other fire/heat based creatures, they bring back bad memories.

Behavior:The bull is depressed and will spend a lot of time resting, lumbering around your dungeon in seek of some sort of enlightenment.

Last edited:

Blizzard

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 3, 2011
Behind you
I really like the idea
of a tormented spirit trapped in a metallic contraception
but I do feel a metal bull may be a bit out of place

Sep 24, 2013
Yeah i agree with Blizzard i don't think a bull would be a good idea for a evil Underlord maby if it was like a Demonic minotaur or something that would be better in my opinion

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
I actually like the idea - the Branzen Bull itself is an extremely disturbing form of torture device, and actually having it charge towards you in full gallop (and with the tormented screams of the victim still coming out as the howling of a bull), this thing would probably make many men of brave spirits soil their pants.

Sep 24, 2013
I actually like the idea - the Branzen Bull itself is an extremely disturbing form of torture device, and actually having it charge towards you in full gallop (and with the tormented screams of the victim still coming out as the howling of a bull), this thing would probably make many men of brave spirits soil their pants.
that may be true but i really don't think a bull would be perfect for the dungeon i would rather wanna see a minotaur looking eccuall minion that seems better in my eye tbh but still it would be scary to see that thing running towards u tho i gotta admit.

Blizzard

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 3, 2011
Behind you
A spirit living in a torture device is a great concept
but I really don't think a bull like creature would fit well
what if it was an a iron maiden that the spirit is trap in ?

Feb 9, 2012
A spirit living in a torture device is a great concept
but I really don't think a bull like creature would fit well
what if it was an a iron maiden that the spirit is trap in ?
A regular bull doesn't have to be its appearance but I definitely want to use the same method of torture. Iron maiden just isn't twisted enough, sorry. And I wouldn't be so quick to write off a bull, they can be made to look quite nasty.

bull pics-http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-y2UVzwXHoc8/UXXl51v-ypI/AAAAAAAAASw/eBKu4HUZJhY/s1600/bullwipprogweb.jpg

http://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/793103-bigthumbnail.jpg

hagen

Bloodling
Feb 15, 2014
this method is known from greece i think. i like this idea specially with the description of debuffing atacks from goodly heroes and the pain u described :p

just one thing: u imagine this creature as a metall bull and u can only receive it if u torture a creature to death in the iron bull od the neutral rooms ? why is the creature itself a metall bull then ? shall that mean the use of this torturedevice would be of single use? would be logical then :)

Feb 9, 2012
this method is known from greece i think. i like this idea specially with the description of debuffing atacks from goodly heroes and the pain u described :p

just one thing: u imagine this creature as a metall bull and u can only receive it if u torture a creature to death in the iron bull od the neutral rooms ? why is the creature itself a metall bull then ? shall that mean the use of this torturedevice would be of single use? would be logical then :)
Yeah that would make sense for it to be used just once. I've also replaced the inspirational image with more hellish looking bulls, fitting the underlord theme better.

Feb 9, 2012
I've added more inspirational images, I've settled on this creature being more demonic and evil in its appearance, since some users felt a plain metal bull would be out of place. I've also added a new ability (Red Hot)

Feb 9, 2012
(posted by Blizzard) I really like the idea
of a tormented spirit trapped in a metallic contraception
but I do feel a metal bull may be a bit out of place
(JJC replied with) How about a soul trapped in a large suit of twisted looking armor?
Blizzard's comment there is rather old. The design then was just a plain looking metal bull. I've changed it to look more evil and demonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom