• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Underlord Creature] The Lunatic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2013
Description
A human prisoner struck with insanity, he seems to have broken out of his prison, but not his chains, which he now use to deadly effect. From his looks, he seems to be a veteran of some distant and long-forgotten war, what with his many, many scars and his muscular build. Perhaps he once served the empire even, but now, he fights for whatever Underlord will have him and his... peculiar mannerisms.​
Key Stats
Highlight: Tank and damage-dealer, fighting at some range though considered melee.
Faction: Underlord
Type: Intelligent
Role: Off-tank.
Acquired By: Foundry and training pit.
Basic Attack: High Blunt
Offensive Power: Above-average
Defensive Power: Above-average
Resistances: High vs All
Movement: Medium
Work: Foundry
Entertainment: Combat, prayer.
Special Needs: Requires combat, lest it grow unhappy.
Upgrades: Nothing special.
Traits
Trait Name: Insanity. The Lunatic has a 50% resistance to all crowd control effects (I.E. a 30% slow becomes a 15% slow), and gains increased health, movement speed and attack damage proportional to half of the blocked damaged (That 30% slow means a 7.5% increase in health, movement speed and attack damage)
Trait Name: Lunacy. The Lunatic's blatant disregard for his own safety gives him a chance to stun on basic hits proportional to half of the percent of life he has lost (I.E. with 40% HP left, he gains a 30% chance to stun).
Abilities
Ability Name: Entangle. (Level 3) The Lunatic uses unknown magic to extend his chains, grasping a target enemy and dragging them towards him. The enemy has to be at least two levels below the Lunatics current level for the attempt to be successful.
Ability Name: Choke. (Level 5) Can only be used in melee range. The Lunatic grabs hold of an enemy, and suppresses it for 10 seconds. If the choke is not interrupted, the target is instantly killed. The enemy has to be at least three levels below the Lunatics current level. The Lunatic takes 100% increased damage during the process.
Ability Name: The Hangman (Level 10) The Lunatic grabs hold of an enemy, and impales it on a hook, which it attaches to the ceiling of the dungeon, leaving the still-alive victim there to hang. During a time period of 30 seconds, the victim slowly and painfully dies, leaving behind a fearing trap once it is dead. During the time it is still alive, it will fear (Slightly stronger fear than after it is dead) all creatures nearby, and is completely supressed. Its allies can break it down before the period is over to save it, thought it will be stunned for 5 seconds once it is released from the chain. Long cooldown. One Lunatic can make several Hangmen if he lives long enough.
Flavour
Appearance: Large, muscular human with several chains attached to his wrists. A large amount of scars is embedded in the skin of the Lunatic. Lacks any clothing on his torso, and the clothing on his legs are barely more than scraps.
Dislikes: Defensive combat, peace.
Behaviour: Picks fights with creatures if out of combat for too long.

Wice

Templar
WFTO Backer
May 2, 2012
The Netherlands
Description
A human prisoner struck with insanity, he seems to have broken out of his prison, but not his chains, which he now use to deadly effect. From his looks, he seems to be a veteran of some distant and long-forgotten war, what with his many, many scars and his muscular build. Perhaps he once served the empire even, but now, he fights for whatever Underlord will have him and his... peculiar mannerisms.​
I like this very much! The only thing I didn't like is the magic used in the Entangle ability, magic doesn't seem to fit this character...

May 22, 2013
Netherlands
I like this very much! The only thing I didn't like is the magic used in the Entangle ability, magic doesn't seem to fit this character...
Agreed on this
Why not make him have the chains wrapped around his arms?
That way, he can "extend" his chains by unwrapping them a bit

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
This seems rather OP to me - high damage output and defensive power, high resistance against all, possible ability to stunlock enemies, resistance to CC effects, chain-pull, and semi-instakills (which are weakened by the level cap). The only real downside is that you have to keep him in combat in order to keep him happy.

Honestly, if this thing isn't supposed to be a replacement for the Horned Reaper, he does need a few good hits to the face with the NERF!-Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom