• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Underlord/Neutral Creature] Slate

What do you think?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2013
Canada, Ontario
fs2.enjin.com
KAY! so im flippin' sick and tired of everyone posting, humans as "evil creature".... SO BORING - time to move back into the dark creepy, fantasy that i remembered DK being. Some truly creative examples! If i wanted to command a knight into battle i would go buy civilization! I want some demons, dragons, creepy crawlies and trues creature.... so here is my concept creature, the slate! enjoy <3 comment, and state your opinions! Would love to hear your feedback! :)

Name:
Slate
Preface: These rare creatures known as slates, bury themselves under bedrock in slumber. Although these creatures are deaf and blind, they use heat and vibration to hunt their prey. No one knows how old they are or where they came from, but legend has it they were conceived in the darkest depths of the world, by the purest forms of evil. Some believe that they only recently came to birth, but in truth, the dark entities have colonies beneath the bedrock. Only now have they evolved enough to penetrate the stone.

Appearance image
: Gawd ._. need to work on my drawing skills a bit more >.<

Stats:

Health: medium/high
Armor: high (very high with passive)
Movement Speed: slow
Attack strength: high
Attack speed: slow
Intelligence: medium
Construction: medium
Training Rate: slow/medium
Training Cost: medium/high
Wage: medium/high

Skills:

Level 1: Slash - Basic Attack
Level 2: -
Level 3: dust - shakes off a Cloud of dust reduces enemies accuracy causing misses for a period of time
Level 4: -
Level 5: -
Level 6: tunnel - invisible, slow movement speed, cant use on enemy tiles (takes a few seconds to burrow)
Level 7: -
Level 8: Haste - Short attack speed boost (medium cooldown)
Level 9: -
Level10: ensconce - at 5% health, the slate's skin morphs into bedrocks for "x" amount of seconds, during that time he become invulnerable but unable to attack. he recovers "x"% health, and all enemies who were attacking the slate during the ability activation are taunted, and continue to focus there argo on the slate until the ability is over. (long cooldown)

Passive abbility: Outer layer of skin forms into rock, giving it bonus armor, but loses it after taking "x" amount of damage, and has a medium cool down, for its armor to regenerate

Weaknesses/Resistances:
Weakness - takes damage in water, magic
Resistance - lava, lightning traps

Information: The slate's genes are infused with bedrock, giving it heavy armor and heavy hits but slowing its movement. Due to it's body being made from rock, it looses its armor immediately entering water, and its health slowly deteriorate. Slate's being made from essentially ground, take no damage from lava or lightning traps.

Behavior in Dungeon: Will not walk into a temple room (because of water). burrows in open caverns. when eating the slate will impale the pig and eat it whole.

Battle Style: Front and center tanking. Attacks smaller creatures first, sensing the easy pray!

Jobs: Impossible to use in the library. Likes to use the work shop. Likes guard posts, but will burrow near it instead of staying in the guard post room.

Loves: long walks on the beach, and stargazing before midnight.... wait no.... i mean loves the workshop, and the guard post. Gold.

Hates: The temple, and if place in it, he will destroy tiles. water. library, but doesn't react to being placed in there.

Anger reaction: will break reinforced walls, or you could have him dig himself the shortest route to the portal.

Lair: crystals/lava pit/ burrow

Obtainable By: portal/natural (empty caverns)

Attracted by: uncover 10 blocks of bedrock

How Introduced: mid to late game, campaign. Introduced by having to cross lava fields? or finding a small group burrowed in an open cavern

Entrance Effect: dust

Torture: chiseled into a statue of justin bieber.... no too cruel :'c water being poured on the slate, the animation would show it turning into mud.

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
Yay! A beast unit! No-where near enough of these...
Although... This vaguely sounds like an alternate Gargoyle. Not a critisism (that comes later) just a comment. I vote Yay <3.

I especially love the torture. Just remember... nothing is too cruel :D.

Jul 1, 2013
Canada, Ontario
fs2.enjin.com
Yay! A beast unit! No-where near enough of these...
Although... This vaguely sounds like an alternate Gargoyle. Not a critisism (that comes later) just a comment. I vote Yay <3.

I especially love the torture. Just remember... nothing is too cruel :D.
yes yes i know, and yeah kind does now that you mention it, supposed to be a lot bigger than a gargoyle tho, dragonsize! :p, ill tone it down a bit ;D

Jul 1, 2013
Canada, Ontario
fs2.enjin.com
I take it you play Zerg:) How about giving the creature a mine ability (exploding) seemings as it burys itself.
Love zerg xD originally when adding the burrow ability, it was for stealth attack purposes. Now viewing it, the whole burrow idea doesn't seem to fit in with its tanky feature. I would scratch it off, but maybe someone will get inspired by the ability and implement it into their own design. Maybe if i get bored ill come up with a creature that would compliment this ability more... maybe even add the kamikaze effect as well :p thanks for the idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom