1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Reproduce Units not doing anything

Discussion in 'Post 1.1 Archive' started by Agent28, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Agent28

Agent28 Dwarven Worker

Hello again. I didn't see any threads about this specific issue.

I am playing the final level of the campaign. It started off fine, but when the enemy attacked there was a problem. After they were defeated the creatures wouldn't move or do anything. They would be frozen in place and get increasingly angry because they aren't getting food or rest.

If I try picking them up and moving them then that helps with some, but not all of them. If they get into another fight then it happens again after. I tried the homerealm and the same thing happens there too.

I am including the output log here as an attachment.

I forgot to mention, I am using windows 7, 64 bit. 6144 mb ram.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  2. DeadlyJames

DeadlyJames Disciple Backer

same thing for me, will include log after next gameplay

3. v0id

v0id Programmer Dev Team

Hey guys,
    just to make sure your minions are not trapped behind the closed magical barrier inside the empire dungeon?

Edit:
    I just did play this level my self and I didn't encounter any issues like mentioned.
    Can you elaborate more exactly what you did before the issue occured?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  4. Agent28

Agent28 Dwarven Worker

I hadn't even gotten inside the enemy dungeon. They sent soldiers to attack, and I defended.

There was a big fight in an area, a lot of minions were gathered for the fight. After it was over they wouldn't move. This actually occurred earlier in the homerealm. I triggered an attack and there was a big fight around a portal. Many of the creatures were stuck and even the imps stopped doing most things, even though some of them weren't even near the fight.

If I pick up and drop the creatures somewhere else they might start moving again, but seem to get re-stuck at random locations.

5. v0id

v0id Programmer Dev Team

Dear QA Team, can anyone reproduce this behaviour?
    I failed so far to trigger it. But if you can please ticket it.

6. Agent28

Agent28 Dwarven Worker

Very far into the output log I noticed this:
    null
    Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Error getting value from 'isActiveAndEnabled' on 'WUnit'. ---> System.NullReferenceException:

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Behaviour.get_isActiveAndEnabled () <0x00075>
    at (wrapper dynamic-method) UnityEngine.Behaviour.GetisActiveAndEnabled (object) <0x00042>
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.DynamicValueProvider.GetValue (object) <0x00082>

repeated a bunch of times, along with similar code. I thought this might reference the bug, unless its something else entirely.

I forget how to do a ticket so I'll have to look that up.

7. Nutter

Nutter Inquisitor Founder

Don't worry about tickets, that's our job... once we figure out how to reproduce it. I'm going to have a guess that the repeated exception may have something do with it (not being active and not being enabled seems like the sorta thing that would stop units doing anything), but i'm not a coder so we'll need @v0id to confirm that for us.

8. Sectoid

Sectoid Blood Imp

9. v0id

v0id Programmer Dev Team

These errors are not happening repeatedly during playing the game but happens every time you load a save game.
    Nano mainly wrote this part but it's due to we needed to do quite some tricks to allow serialization of Unity GameObjects.
    And deserialization can not cope with some properties being null but they are part of Unity internals so we can not put any attributes on those properties.
    (I only know coarse grained how this game object serialization is working but it seemed to be impossible to avoid these NullReferenceExceptions but they should be harmless)
    However this should not be related to units not moving, especially not when it happens suddenly while playing the game.
    So we are still blind and need steps to reproduce the issue reliably to debug it.