• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Video Game Music

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
This thread is just about what it sounds like. What are some of your video game soundtracks?

- The Duke of Death from Medieval Total War 2 is one of my favorite combat tracks of all time. It really makes you feel like you're in the middle of a massive battle, probably a losing one.

is from the same game and simply... well... Listen to it. It has an amazing, somber, and sad feel to it.

Other games with magnificent soundtracks (IMO) include the Heroes of Might and Magic series and Warlords Battlecry 2/3. Do you guys have any personal favorites to list?

Kyle

Dwarven Worker
Nov 9, 2011
Scotland
I'll obviously miss out Dungeon Keepers music since it's a given.

Red Faction 1 - Music was just incredible in my opinion.

Soul reaver - Also possessed some mind blowing tracks.

Ah, you guys have a good taste in music! Jeff van Dyck is indeed an incredible composer. To be honest, there are tons of OSTs that I love. Too many to post here in one go, I'm afraid.

Anyway, here are a few soundtracks that I really like:
Little Big Adventure 2 - Philippe Vachey
Praetorians - Mateo Pascual
War of the Ring - Lennie Moore & Chance Thomas
Halo - Martin o' Donnell & Michael Salvatori
Pirates of the Caribbean - Chip Ellinghaus & Grant Slawson

I chose these specifically, because the entire soundtracks of these games are really, really good in my opinion.What do you guys think?

Norsa

Blood Imp
Nov 10, 2012
Hehehe, i actually just started a new game of Evil Genius ^^ I lost my physical copy so bought it through the steam sale <3
So sad that games like these are so rare :/

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
Vampire bloodline
awesome game as long as you had the patch
I actually played that game and loved it with the patch, and...

I will admit, I didn't like the music in and of itself, but it was wonderfully thematic and fit the game so well. The game just has a very impressively dark feel to it.

sukhonali

Bafu
WFTO Founder
Dec 19, 2011
VTM Bloodlines is almost my favorite game and that track for asylum is called Isolated by Chiasm.

I love this these couple of themes from LOK Defiance:

And these 2 from Diablo 1&2:

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
I've played so Many games that I have quite a few.

Ecstatica: The Village

Worms 2/Armageddon/World Party: HELL!

CoD: World At War: Brave Soldat

Little Big Planet: The Battle On Ice

That's just a few of them :)
Sadly I can only Post 4 at a time.

theMarg0r

Dryad
WFTO Backer
Dec 28, 2012
Under a killing Spoon
Bastion

HOMAM 2

One Must Fall (No I don't know it from Freeman's Mind, you nincompoops. I actually played the game when it came out)

Morrowind - it just has that kind of feel to it, compared to the later versions.

I also have to agree with the choice of Legacy of Kain, Devil May Cry, Bloodlines, Diablo, Beyond Good and Evil... hell, you ALL have amazing taste in videogame music.

Jun 28, 2012
Great looking thread. Hmm.
- This is a masterful rendition of many themes from Final Fantasy 9, my personal favorite in the series, in an amazing compilation.
- Best raid theme Ive ever heard from an MMO.
- Amzing combat theme. Love DMC3
- This piece, its simply beutiful. The feelings it invokes along with the heartbreaking scene it goes with easily make this my favorite Zelda title in the series.

There are many more I like but this is a nice overview of some that stand out to me

Top Bottom