• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wall Coffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

IVocturnal

Dwarven Worker
May 18, 2013
Name: Living Coffin/Living Iron Maiden

Uses: Till destroyed or sold
Blood Cost: Small
Recovery:unknown

Information: A coffin is created in the foundry that can be placed on any wall(that hasn't already been takin up). A blood Imp will place a corpse inside the coffin and close it. This trap requires research in the archive to create it and atleast one necromancer to 'approve' it.

This trap has two effects so I'll List them separately

Effect 1: Living Corpse

(not the skeleton, I understand that some things can't be used because of copy right)

Target: Area of Effect differs(see Target explanation)
Friendly Fire: Can be activated by friendly units but, will not harm them
Cooldown: Can be used immediately when a corpse is placed back into coffin by a Blood Imp

Effect 1 Information: The corpse that was placed inside of the coffin will spring out of the coffin in a commical manner, then proceed to attack any nearby enemies.

Effect 1 Function: When the corpse springs out it will cause fear in any nearby weaker enemies. The corpse is weak and easy to kill but, it knows no fear and in a group they can still provide a challenge. The corpse will wander around and search the area for enemies until it's killed or expires after its 30-90 second lifespan is done, which will cause it to turn into dust(so you can't just place the same exact corpse into the coffin again).

Target explanation: The living corpse will jump out of the coffin for any loud enough noise it hears around it, whether friend or foe. The closer a unit gets to the coffin the more likely the trap will activate. So a thief like unit might not alert the corpses within the coffin at all but, the Juggernaut will aleart them within a large to medium range.

corpse explanation: I couldn't think of what unit it could specifically be whether a ghoul or another unit yet to be created so I have chose to just call it a corpse. It could look like a mummy to go along with effect number 2's theme

Effect 2: Mummy Wrap

Target: One enemy unit up to 2 squares in front of it.
Friendly Fire: no
Cooldown: One minute

Effect 2 Information: If no corpse currently resides within the coffin, the coffin will proceed to wrap the first enemy that comes within range with a mummy like thread. If it can manage to close its door on the enemy then it will shake for a a few seconds then kill it turning it into a corpse that can be used for effect 1.

Effect 2 Function: The coffin will immediately Target the first enemy that comes in range and wont intentionally chose targets who are more likely to succumb to the pull. The success of the pull depends on the weight of the target and how much health they are missing(The more the better). Some units like the Juggernaut will be immune to the wrap and it will immediately break once it grabs them. This effect will take three seconds before the enemy is trapped inside the coffin. If the enemy proves too heavy and/or healthy it will only last for 1.5 sconds but, it will still stun them for the time being making them susceptible to enemy attack. This will only take effect if there isn't a corpse currently in the coffin. If there is already a corpse attached to the coffin(by which I mean it is still living even if it's not inside the coffin) then it will open up and 'throw' up the corpse(not a living corpse just a pile of bones) making a comical burping sound.

Done with effects

Deffensive use:
You can place it near key points, so they can potentially kill the intruders or slow them down till your minions come to help. You can build a 5x5 room and place them on all the walls causeing a undead army to spring on your enemies out of nowhere. You should use this to weaken the bulk of the enemy force before they get to your big traps and minions.

Offensive use:
can't really think of one, more of a deffensive trap

Weakness:
If you place it where a lot of minions are the corpses will spring out a lot causing you to waste corpses. Also they shouldn't be that effective alone.

Appearance:
My idea is that it will look just like a iro maiden or a mix between a iron maiden and a sarcophagus, which the coffin that the egyptians used. Type in iron maiden medieval and sarcophagus into google to get a lot of good examples.(don't type in just iron maiden because you'll get the band, lol)

Notes:
Any advise is welcome and I appreciate the developers for making this game. Also I wasn't totally sure what recovery meant when I read it in other peoples trap ideas, and couldn't find a template for traps so I just went by their examples. Will edit this as constructive criticism is offered

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
i do not think that traps will be upgradable (maybe there will be something in the veins for specific traps later, who knows)

otherwise im not a fan of spawning extra creatures, i would add a lifespan to the corpses to balance that... then it would be fine ;)

okay adding this to the traps section, thanks for your work

EDIT:
templates are here btw: https://subterraneangames.com/threa...n-guidelines-templates-guide.2488/#post-23091

although there isnt one for traps... anyway .. its okay how you did it ;)

Jan 3, 2013
Any form of spawning via trap or spell should have a lifespan to prevent mass hoarding ( excluding crypt or graveyard ).

As Lordofriva said, chances that a particular trap will be upgraded are low, however nothing stops devs from allowing traps level up or allowing global trap upgrade system ( most likely will be at the top of Sloth vein since this one specializes on traps and defensive gameplay ).

IVocturnal

Dwarven Worker
May 18, 2013
Thank you for the help and I didn't think about the corpse army that doesn't have lifespan could definitily be op lol. I'll merge the upgrade and base trap together to avoid any complications until further details are provided about the mechanics and update my information about it.

Dec 29, 2012
I LOVE IT! This is an amazing idea. It would be a bit tricky to pull off the balancing issues this would inevitably cause but I'm sure that Subterranean Games could take care of it. The only thing I really have to add to this is that the "corpses" should be mummies. I know it's a little out of place in a more western inspired fantasy universe, but anytime you have relatively weak living corpses jumping out of coffins in the walls for cheap jump scares it absolutely must be mummies. You might even be able to work it into the lore by explaining that because they aren't gouls they would rot into a useless mass of slime and maggots if left unchecked. They must mummify them so they don't rot while they wait for someone to trigger them.

IVocturnal

Dwarven Worker
May 18, 2013
thank you. I was thinking balancing would be tricky especially when considering the blood cost, I was actually thinking about mummy's too and it would go along with effects 2 them.

RachniKiller

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Dec 12, 2012
Wait cant they use skeleton? It's a generic term. War Craft 3 had units called skeletons, Warlock master of the Arcane has Skeletons. So I don't see it being a problem.

RachniKiller

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Dec 12, 2012
I would love using this trap around my heat, i can picture a group- of heroes attacking it, and suddenly the undead surround them from all sides. the trap would likely act as a way to slow down an enemy or fend off light attacks, but that's all you need until the main force shows up.

IVocturnal

Dwarven Worker
May 18, 2013
yea I was thinking the same thing about skeletons, but I figured if they were ever going to include skeletons they would of already used it, but if this trap did get used and they wanted to use skeletons I wouldn't mind:D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom