• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

War for the Overworld: Looking Forward

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
As much as I don't like delays, the approach of "when it's done" is the right one. I've waited long enough for this game that a little longer won't kill me.

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
As much as I don't like delays, the approach of "when it's done" is the right one. I've waited long enough for this game that a little longer won't kill me.
One of the features we're planning to add during this delay is the ability to reach out from the screen and strangle the player if they utter certain keywords. So... it just might...

Nov 13, 2013
Very nice read, I'm really looking forward to the content update, especially the release of the potion mechanic because I'm pretty curious how potions are different from spells, and because I really want to see what the crackpot looks like :).

Personally I'm very happy with the rate at which the game is updating and I fully support your "when it's done" attitude.

I noticed that you said there will be texture updates coming with the 3.2 update, but you didn't mention the lighting. It seems to me based on this thread that there are some people who are dissatisfied with the current level of lighting and I agree with them that we could probably afford to tone down the lighting on the wall/floor gems at least. Just thought you'd like to know that it might be worth it to take another look at the lighting.

Overall, I am very happy with where WFTO is going and I am eagerly looking forward to the future of the project. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the lack of an updated mac build, though I understand that it is an issue on unity's side of things and that we just need to wait for them to fix it. Keep up the great work guys :D

Feb 4, 2014
it has been said already but i'll do it again. the "game-is-done-when-game-is-done" attitude is spot-on. :D
i think all of us would rather wait a bit longer to end up with a truly polished game. the game seems to be on the right path.

Nachtrae

Firebreather
Feb 4, 2014
Netherlands
Great post! Cannot wait for all those wonderful updates. Keep up the great work.
I am confused. Please clarify this sentence:
I think what he means is that finishing up the game doesn't mean the end of the current road. It will merely be a new beginning :) Which I think means that unlike some games, support for this game will continue from the company.

Noontide

Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
I am confused. Please clarify this sentence:
Either 1 of 2 things:

1. WFTO will bring about the next step of evolution, which we together will be able to step forward into and bring about a new age of peace and prosperity.
  2. The release of WFTO will not be the end but will mark the start of our journey to providing a lush world of content for it, for as long as the community supports us.

Jobs2k

Skarg
WFTO Backer
Dec 29, 2012
Stevenage, England
www.minecraftforum.net
I think what he means is that finishing up the game doesn't mean the end of the current road. It will merely be a new beginning :) Which I think means that unlike some games, support for this game will continue from the company.
Either 1 of 2 things:

1. WFTO will bring about the next step of evolution, which we together will be able to step forward into and bring about a new age of peace and prosperity.
  2. The release of WFTO will not be the end but will mark the start of our journey to providing a lush world of content for it, for as long as the community supports us.
It doesn't read that way to me. The way I'm viewing the structure implies that the team will expect to abandon the game upon release and think about moving on to other things.
If it said "We look forward to this year not because it will mean the end of the Bedrock Beta, but because together we’ll arrive at a new beginning for WFTO" then it would all make perfect sense. The way I'm reading the sentence structure has actually worried me about 'behind the scene' thoughts...

Noontide

Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
The way I'm reading the sentence structure has actually worried me about 'behind the scene' thoughts...
You needn't be worried, we fully intend to support WFTO post-release. It's our baby and we plan to put out new content for it as long as it is feasible and reasonable for us to do so. We honestly truly love the game and we have so much that we'd love to do with it.

That's what it means by new beginning, it's the start of WFTO: The Next Generation, a glorious step into a new age of a modern DMG with new content being added as regularly as we can. If this vision is shared by the community and of course the gaming industry then we'll really see WFTO turn into something special, more magical than we could imagine.

Chaz

Cultist
Feb 5, 2014
Haven't played in a while, I find it very hard to play with no minimap. Has one been added yet or is it planned soon?

Haven't played in a while, I find it very hard to play with no minimap. Has one been added yet or is it planned soon?
Planned soon, bud.
Check back tomorrow when we post our UI recap, I'm pretty sure we discuss it somewhere in there.

I should probably know if we do... I wrote the damn thing. :grumpy:

lemon-rev

Templar
WFTO Founder
Dec 4, 2012
The game presently gets up dates per month , If you speed up the process when your ready to show off a new item or gear you could get almost instant feedback ?

With patches sometimes you patch directly after ones just been pushed do you think it could be patched again if the newer patch is still trouble sum ?.

The upcoming patch sounds wonderful, and i like all the new updates your doing on a daily output of text, Most dev's hate this due to not wanting to do some time away from the game and giving information on what is happening presently with the game. So im pleased with this.

How do you plan on going forward with the game once you have the newer update in our hands and do you plan on having paid content to allow for more $ being thrown in your direction ?.

Thanks again for the update i will be waiting for the next good one.

Noontide

Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
How do you plan on going forward with the game once you have the newer update in our hands and do you plan on having paid content to allow for more $ being thrown in your direction ?.

Thanks again for the update i will be waiting for the next good one.
We are only considering paid content after the release of the game and the first flex goal. You can see more about our plans post-release here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom