• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Weapon] Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peetfighter

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Jan 23, 2013
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
A 17th century carbine that takes some skilled Augres to be manufactured in the foundry.

It can be equipped by Gnarlings and Imperial riflemen.

Its an accurate long range weapon that fires a piercing bullet which has a high chance hit critical.
To prevent it from being to overpowered I'd say it has a long reload time (about 5-6 seconds) and the creature can only carry 8 bullets before it has to be resupplied at the foundry.

And I want to ask Lordofriva to add this to his list of suggestions. :)

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
hmmm im not sure if it fits the lore of the WFTo universe, otherwise if it is "just a weapon" (like having a ranged fighter for the empire with a rifle) there is no issue with it being overpowered.(since it depends on the creature not the weapon)

otherwise i just do not know how "weapons" or "armor" are implemented

and yes i will add it.... Misc section (you dont need to ask i would do it anyway but thanks :p )

Peetfighter

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Jan 23, 2013
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
hmmm im not sure if it fits the lore of the WFTo universe, otherwise if it is "just a weapon" (like having a ranged fighter for the empire with a rifle) there is no issue with it being overpowered.(since it depends on the creature not the weapon)

otherwise i just do not know how "weapons" or "armor" are implemented
Well it was this or Rifle Gnarling, which has the same stats of a normal Gnarling but with a ranged weapon...

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
I imagine it to have an accuracy of 3.5/10 with a damage of 3/10
Put a Bayonnette on it and it can be used for melee with a damage of 5/10

Castigator

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Germany
Well, historically gunpowder was known from 1300 onwards (in europe, at least.), but in a world, where magic forces reality into obeying its wielder, I guess, that it would still be a party trick, or used by dwarves for mining, as casting explosive spells at the enemy would be safer and faster.
Will our mages be powerful enough to blow enemies up, like in DK, where creatures hit by a meteor would turn into giblets?

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
Maybe in WFTO 2 mankind discovers science and splits away from magic.
In WFTO 3 their becomes 2 factions of Mankind 1 faction still does Magic and the other is now completely scientifically minded.

Jan 3, 2013
I wouldn't mind seeing crossbows for elite archers or something, but i've said it here before, why would gunpowder be invented if magic was real?
Probably because you can't arm your troops with magic, especially if magic is available only to certain gifted individuals. For masses - technology is the answer.

Huntress
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
That's more of a reason why gunpowder would be useful, not why it would be invented. The thing is the learned people that would develop gunpowder don't need it because they have magic, illiterate non magic users could probably make great use of gunpowder, but would not be able to create it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom