• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

weekly patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2015
kind of both really... lol I really wanna know whats coming next. It would be nice to have weekly updates to the game or maybe something like a nightly build. I like how keeperfx has one which is a perfect example. http://keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk_keeperfx_nightly.php I think its a single author that works on that. I don't know how it would work though because i'm sure you guys probably have to upload the entire game through steam once you patch it. Weekly updates sure would be awesome though.... I hate waiting :(

also wouldn't weekly updates help find bugs that you guys might not find? I see a lot of people posting bugs on steam and on here. I say that there should be a stable branch build of the game and a testing branch. One that people can opt in or out of in steam.

Last edited:

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
we had weekly updates and just recently stopped them (as they were mostly about new content etc) and we decided to make an update when we have enough bugfixes etc. to be happy with a public release.

these updates are a lot of work and while we were happy to inform everyone weekly about new content like creatures rooms etc. we feel that bug fixing is not as interesting to fill weekly and rather make newspost whenever we come around patching the game publicly.

Jun 28, 2015
we had weekly updates and just recently stopped them (as they were mostly about new content etc) and we decided to make an update when we have enough bugfixes etc. to be happy with a public release.

these updates are a lot of work and while we were happy to inform everyone weekly about new content like creatures rooms etc. we feel that bug fixing is not as interesting to fill weekly and rather make newspost whenever we come around patching the game publicly.
What about an ETA regarding a public one?

Psycix

Necromancer
WFTO Founder
Jan 9, 2013
My bad, didn't read that bugfixes part.

Now THIS is something that shouldn't be disclosed. Even the QA team doesn't know much about stuff like this, and this secrecy is a good thing.

Why? Because otherwise you get a Molyneux scenario. In any game development, things always turn out differently than they were expected to, and many things are scrapped. Releasing these WIP concepts is equal to making a promise to the community. A promise that may not be fulfilled, and this makes the situation worse for everyone.

Nutter

Inquisitor
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
My bad, didn't read that bugfixes part.

Now THIS is something that shouldn't be disclosed. Even the QA team doesn't know much about stuff like this, and this secrecy is a good thing..
Speak for yourself :p I'm a master spy... how do you think I got Mega Banned.

But yeah in all honesty, we can't say much without spoiling stuff.

What I can safely say, is that yes we (well, the dev team mostly) are still working on new stuff, and it's the same stuff that's been mentioned previously namely: Micro DLC campaign, Map Editor, (and somewhere down the line) Fully fleshed out Survival Mode, along with a few things that are secret and obviously can't be revealed (yet?)

That stuff isn't going to get made one day overnight, which is why WFTO Wednesday stopped, it would be kinda pointless having posts that just said "Hey guys, this week we carried on working on X, same as last week... see you again next week for another post which is probably going to be the same", it's much better just to just post big updates where they can either say "X is ready and is coming next week/patch" or "X is almost done and look at the pretty picture of nearly finished X"

Randy19

Firebreather
Apr 16, 2014
Germany
People people people. The last WFTO Wednesday said they would spoil some new stuff for the coming 1.2 Patch in the first Newsletter coming this month so i would just suggest you guys subscripe :p

Jun 12, 2015
but what about a stable build and a testing branch build that people can opt in and out of through steam? Many games support this feature.

Nutter

Inquisitor
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
but what about a stable build and a testing branch build that people can opt in and out of through steam? Many games support this feature.
We had that too in the build up to the release of Patch 1.1, it might happen again before 1.2. But it's a time consuming process keeping a testing branch up to date/active.

As far as I know, any big bugs that are killed.. are being hotfixed (patched immediately without officially increasing the patch number) straight away, so there isn't really much else you'd see in a testing branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom