1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird worker behavior

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gregored13, Jul 7, 2017.

1. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

I was playing a user map, so I do not know if this is a bug or not. Workers on this map would go to a Vault, or the Dungeon Core, I am assuming with gold, and would get stuck in a continuing loop that looked like they were depositing the same gold over and over again, in the same spot. I would pick them up, move them out of the way, but it kept happening. I also noticed on this map that I was getting Empire units from a regular gateway.that I claimed.

2. Biervampir [AUT]

Biervampir [AUT] Bafu

most likly a bug.
    I guess the gold were preplaced in the vault and it triggeres this behaviour, because the gold or vault wont be seen as Player gold/vault, perhaps as neutral.

please link the map and say which vault and what you've done

3. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

It's called The Cascade--http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=967685476 As I mentioned, I just kept picking up the workers when I noticed it happening and moved them off. I forgot to mention, though, that they were exhibiting the same behavior with all the Gold Vortices I had placed near gold pockets and around the Gold Shrines. I haven't played another map, so I do not know if it carries over.

4. Nutter

Nutter Inquisitor Founder

Was it a MP match? This behaviour could possibly be caused by a de-sync between the client (which thinks the gold is still there) and the server (which thinks it is gone) or vice versa meaning that workers are trying to move gold which technically doesn't exist anymore but the client keeps telling the server it does, resulting in an endless loop.

5. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

It was a regular skirmish with two AI underlords, and an Empire core. I opened a save file with another map, and did not see the same activity