• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Achievements discussion/speculation.

Jan 3, 2013
As we all know, Steam already contains achievements for WFTO. While those have no icons, and majority of them require player beat the level in 10 minutes or so ( this will be fixed for sure ), some of them seem to reveal many interesting things :

AI Underlord personalities. We were told of 4 ones - Marcus, Rhaskos, Mira and Steven Fright, it seems there are some more. Based on achievements info, it seems they will be available in Skirmish, so we will have enough AI opponents for fun and challenging games.

Some levels have very specific requirements - Win without unleashing Kenos Ritual, Win with Rhaskos being at 25% health, Save Rhaskos, Defile ( probably claim ) 5 boss Crypts and some more. While majority of these are understandable, two of them ( Saving Private Rhaskos and winning with him at 25% ) assumes that there either will be an alliance between player and him, or he will be useful in future levels, probably will act as the shield against enemies of some sort. I guess we will have to see it ourselves since devs wouldn't want to tell us more without spoiling this part of the campaign.

Lack of ''Kill the Good King'' achievement. Now this one was either intentionally hidden or the final level will be player vs underlord & empire. Quick Death achievement ( which is the one for the last level ) is also time based, thus we may assume it will be ''build an army and go over everyone on the map'' style level. I personally do hope there will be someone else, like Avatar/King Reginald in DK games ( could be this Lord O'theland or unrevealed Empire Unit ).

I hope devs can tell us a little more about these things where possible.

Jan 3, 2013
The War for the Overworld.
Duh.

Are we going to '' Save the Overworld'' from others or just ''Claim it'' for ourselves? Also Marcus speaking to us with ''You would kill your own kind for him?'' raises some very interesting questions, like are we ''that bad'' and is there someone ''bossing us'' around? Seeing that Marcus doesn't really want to ''kill us'' makes me think he is not the ''bad'' guy in the story.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
Duh.

Are we going to '' Save the Overworld'' from others or just ''Claim it'' for ourselves? Also Marcus speaking to us with ''You would kill your own kind for him?'' raises some very interesting questions, like are we ''that bad'' and is there someone ''bossing us'' around? Seeing that Marcus doesn't really want to ''kill us'' makes me think he is not the ''bad'' guy in the story.
uhhh the anticipation is rising :D

Nov 13, 2013
Duh.

While I can't say anything about the first question, you can find the answer to who your boss is if you pay attention to the dialogue in C1. The mentor heavily implies/outright says that he brought you back and that your fights in the campaign are at his direction (Mentor-"My War for the Overworld") So I'm pretty sure the "him" Marcus is referring to is The Mentor. :)

Jan 3, 2013
While I can't say anything about the first question, you can find the answer to who your boss is if you pay attention to the dialogue in C1. The mentor heavily implies/outright says that he brought you back and that your fights in the campaign are at his direction (Mentor-"My War for the Overworld") So I'm pretty sure the "him" Marcus is referring to is The Mentor. :)
Thus my speculation about being used is right? It's the first impression I got from Campaign 4, and I'm quite sure Narrator/Boss will play important role in the end.

0.7 is released in about 2 weeks which will add heaps of polish and gameplay and stuff, but the full campaign still isn't being released until 1.0 at the beginning of April.
So we get like half of the campaign only or campaign will be simply locked?

Huntress
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
Thus my speculation about being used is right? It's the first impression I got from Campaign 4, and I'm quite sure Narrator/Boss will play important role in the end.

So we get like half of the campaign only or campaign will be simply locked?
I don't know, but i would guess you'd just get what you already have with the 0.7 improvements.

Jan 3, 2013
I don't know, but i would guess you'd just get what you already have with the 0.7 improvements.
Probably new Campaign Menu with at least 4 levels, the ones we saw from Yogscast's Stream. I'm little disappointed though, I expected complete campaign, but I guess it's fine as long as we get updated Skirmish and Multiplayer modes.

Jan 3, 2013
We never intended to have any of the campaign in the game until launch. We only added 1-3 to the beta due to the fact we delayed the game so much ;)
Yogscast spoke about 5 levels though displayed only 4. If you guys won't intentionally cut anything out of 0.7, then it's safe to say at least 5 levels will be included. It's still fine to me since the rest of the update is what I'm currently very interested in.

Aug 28, 2014
Regardless of what you're calling the AI personalities, I'll always think of the no-holds-barred version as HEL 9000.

Top Bottom