• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Achievements discussion/speculation.

Nov 13, 2013
Oh? I was pretty sure he meant the Emperor.
That would be true if the it was the mentor talking to Marcus, since Marcus is working for the empire. However, the line is said by Marcus speaking to the player character, who is heavily implied to be working for the mentor. :)

Peetfighter

Juggernaut
Founder
Jan 23, 2013
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
That would be true if the it was the mentor talking to Marcus, since Marcus is working for the empire. However, the line is said by Marcus speaking to the player character, who is heavily implied to be working for the mentor. :)
No I meant it like this: ''You would kill your own kind for him''. Him, being the Emperor, the man who you're supposed to kill eventually.
Revision: ''You would kill your own kind just so you can kill the Emperor''.

Jan 3, 2013
No I meant it like this: ''You would kill your own kind for him''. Him, being the Emperor, the man who you're supposed to kill eventually.
Revision: ''You would kill your own kind just so you can kill the Emperor''.
So there is the Emperor then.

I still do doubt that it is the Emperor Marcus does mention in his speech. It seems Marcus isn't really loyal to Empire, else he wouldn't act sorry for fighting back and killing you instead. Another thing we shouldn't forget that technically, Marcus isn't our goal, our goal is Inhibitor that he is defending, yet we are told to get rid of him. In other words, at some point, we are forced to do certain things, which pretty much means there's someone standing behind us, and we pretty much will do things in the Name of our Master.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Dev Team
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Yogscast spoke about 5 levels though displayed only 4. If you guys won't intentionally cut anything out of 0.7, then it's safe to say at least 5 levels will be included. It's still fine to me since the rest of the update is what I'm currently very interested in.
That was a special press build, not a release client for 0.7.0.

The next patch won't introduce any more of the campaign (but it will add the campaign map).

Mozared

Juggernaut
Founder
Feb 17, 2013
What if the mentor is the emperor?

M. Night Shyamalan as replacement for James confirmed.

mishko

Witch Doctor
Founder
Feb 27, 2012
Michigan
So there is the Emperor then.

I still do doubt that it is the Emperor Marcus does mention in his speech. It seems Marcus isn't really loyal to Empire, else he wouldn't act sorry for fighting back and killing you instead. Another thing we shouldn't forget that technically, Marcus isn't our goal, our goal is Inhibitor that he is defending, yet we are told to get rid of him. In other words, at some point, we are forced to do certain things, which pretty much means there's someone standing behind us, and we pretty much will do things in the Name of our Master.
That's pretty much how it was in dungeon keeper 2 though. You just sort of did what the mentor said.

Jan 3, 2013
That's pretty much how it was in dungeon keeper 2 though. You just sort of did what the mentor said.
Except your opponents didn't talk much and ''the story'' was quite simple, objective obvious and little mystery during entire campaign play.

Now we could talk a little about these two achievements - Stay a While and Listen and My Little Dungeon. I have some thoughts about these ones but I'd like to hear some confirmation from devs. In my opinion it will be some sort of MPD mode ( may be either a separate playable map, or just the visual version of your personal ''domain'' ). Considering the fact there will be decent amount of voice lines, and 5 hours stay in your home dungeon requirement, I have a feeling it's playable map, else we will simply have to stay afk of sorts, hoping those voice lines do trigger on their own.

Fireeye

Augre
Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
I can already see the major plot twist at the end of the campaign.

Underlord: The Emperor is kill
Mentor: No Underlord, you are the Emperor

And then Underlord was the Emperor.

What personally got me curious about Marcus was his...well, rather mundane name. I thought Underlords were some form of aether-born abominations with names difficult to pronounce for a human, but here we have Underlord Marcus. Then again, it might hint at the fact that maybe at least a few of the Underlords were humans, once. Or that we have a classical Tim The Wizard scenario.

Jan 3, 2013
I can already see the major plot twist at the end of the campaign.

Underlord: The Emperor is kill
Mentor: No Underlord, you are the Emperor

And then Underlord was the Emperor.

What personally got me curious about Marcus was his...well, rather mundane name. I thought Underlords were some form of aether-born abominations with names difficult to pronounce for a human, but here we have Underlord Marcus. Then again, it might hint at the fact that maybe at least a few of the Underlords were humans, once. Or that we have a classical Tim The Wizard scenario.
If you check the names of other AI personalities, they aren't much different. The idea of humans turning into underlords may have some place, though it's nowhere hinted so far.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
Founder
Dec 29, 2012
well Markus/Marcus isnt that rare in germany, also Mira is a relatively Tame name.
well nonetheless it would be quite a stretch to link that to a story element.

Top Bottom