• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Achievements discussion/speculation.

Jan 3, 2013
Now that we speak of names, I wonder - will they match the playstyle of AI personalities? Like same Oberon building large dungeon and using lots of defensive stuff and so on or they were just randomly picked up?

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Now that we speak of names, I wonder - will they match the playstyle of AI personalities? Like same Oberon building large dungeon and using lots of defensive stuff and so on or they were just randomly picked up?
I think that's the plan.. obviously steven fright is the master underlord, destroyer of all things, and the others will be tweaked versions to make them behave different/have different game styles.

Jan 3, 2013
I think that's the plan.. obviously steven fright is the master underlord, destroyer of all things, and the others will be tweaked versions to make them behave different/have different game styles.
If so, then I expect Draven to be some aggressive sort guy who does rush and do lots of early attacks. Unfortunately other names don't tell me much of AI's potential playstyle, so I'd like to know more about this ( given the fact we will get Skirmish first in 0.7 ).

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
If so, then I expect Draven to be some aggressive sort guy who does rush and do lots of early attacks. Unfortunately other names don't tell me much of AI's potential playstyle, so I'd like to know more about this ( given the fact we will get Skirmish first in 0.7 ).
Well it's pure speculation at the moment, and without spoilers.. you meet some of the AI underlords during the campaign.. so I expect they'll behave similar to how they behave during the campaign.

Jan 3, 2013
Well it's pure speculation at the moment, and without spoilers.. you meet some of the AI underlords during the campaign.. so I expect they'll behave similar to how they behave during the campaign.
Not quite so.

AI in campaign most certainly will be fully trigger-based, thus it won't do much most of the time. In Skirmish however, they will have to do many things quite quickly, thus play absolutely different from Campaign.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Not quite so.

AI in campaign most certainly will be fully trigger-based, thus it won't do much most of the time. In Skirmish however, they will have to do many things quite quickly, thus play absolutely different from Campaign.
No but I mean in terms of their personalities.. not in the sense that they'll be fully scripted.. but certain underlords have traits which make them unique in the campaign, I expect these will show up in the AI too.

Jan 3, 2013
No but I mean in terms of their personalities.. not in the sense that they'll be fully scripted.. but certain underlords have traits which make them unique in the campaign, I expect these will show up in the AI too.
Yes, but I'm currently interested in their play style. Like which one is the best, which one is the fastest one and so on.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Steven Fright is "best", he will be the one who is most effective at everything. He is.. put simply, the hardest AI that V0id can come up with. The others probably wont be a "fastest" or a "slowest" but might be instead a case of Underlord X prefers beasts and wrath aspects, just as an example this could be Draven or Rhaskos (again i'm speculating.. nothing im saying here is fact)..

Whilst Underlord Y prefers turtling with Sloth aspects and building up a large army before attacking you, etc (perhaps this would be Oberon?). They'll all be "best" at their own chosen playstyle.. and Steven Fright will be even better.. at everything ever.

Also there is a bit of talk about difficulty settings for the AI too, from 1-5 Difficulty settings depending on how badly you want Steven Fright to kick your ass.

Jan 3, 2013
Steven Fright is "best", he will be the one who is most effective at everything. He is.. put simply, the hardest AI that V0id can come up with. The others probably wont be a "fastest" or a "slowest" but might be instead a case of Underlord X prefers beasts and wrath aspects, just as an example this could be Draven or Rhaskos (again i'm speculating.. nothing im saying here is fact)..

Whilst Underlord Y prefers turtling with Sloth aspects and building up a large army before attacking you, etc (perhaps this would be Oberon?). They'll all be "best" at their own chosen playstyle.. and Steven Fright will be even better.. at everything ever.

Also there is a bit of talk about difficulty settings for the AI too, from 1-5 Difficulty settings depending on how badly you want Steven Fright to kick your ass.
Difficulty settings huh? I'd like to hear more about it.

From your post AI system seem to be similar to the one in Stronghold Crusader games. AI there also had specific tactics ( castle structure ), different troops ( specific kind of unit combination ) and preferred different type of play ( from passive and slow to aggressive and fast ). Difficulty settings there however determined the starting gold for Player and AI ( either you get lots of golds and AI has few or vice versa ). I wonder if something similar will be in WFTO too.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Difficulty settings huh? I'd like to hear more about it.

From your post AI system seem to be similar to the one in Stronghold Crusader games. AI there also had specific tactics ( castle structure ), different troops ( specific kind of unit combination ) and preferred different type of play ( from passive and slow to aggressive and fast ).
Sounds like what I expect it to be like, yeah.

In terms of difficulty settings if they happen (it will be a case of the lower settings making the AI's personality dumber.. I.e it would be more likely to make bad decisions.. or take longer to react to your breaching it's walls.. that sort of thing.. I guess)

Top Bottom