• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Achievements discussion/speculation.

Jan 3, 2013
:(

Well, I recall few bits about it from past streams, but those are not enough. I only wanted to know if we will manage it somehow ( aka play MPD style level ) or it's just purely cosmetics/aesthetics thing.

mishko

Witch Doctor
WFTO Founder
Feb 27, 2012
Michigan
I can guess what that home world thing is but I'm keeping it to myself. Just look at the title of the achievement title for it.

Jan 3, 2013
I can guess what that home world thing is but I'm keeping it to myself. Just look at the title of the achievement title for it.
Lets see :

Stay a While and Listen achievement asks us to stay in our Home Realm for at least 10 minutes after each level in order to hear VO lines played. Technically, this means 10 x 13 = 130 minutes, which equal to 2 hours and 10 minutes completely.

The second achievement My Little Dungeon asks us to stay for 5 hours in Home Realm. It doesn't clarify if it has to be done in one playthrough or can be done after replaying the entire campaign or so.

Thing is 2 hours and 10 minutes seem to be enough to hear those VO, what are we supposed to do for the rest 2 hours and 50 minutes? I do doubt we will have to be afk, so it's more likely we will have something else to do. Considering the fact that Campaign has 13 levels, this Home Realm will act as a special type of level, probably with some 10-15 minutes objective to do ( aka mini-game or MPD style of level ) so we can ''relax'' from stressful campaign or after ''hard work''.

I expected some sort of clarification/confirmation from devs, but they keep dodging it non-stop. :(

Jan 3, 2013
It's related to the story. We don't talk about the story. You've been here long enough to know that :)
I know, I only asked the mechanics of it.

But I guess revealing it will ruin the concept so I'll wait, I feel like I understood the idea of it.

mishko

Witch Doctor
WFTO Founder
Feb 27, 2012
Michigan
What I was trying to get at is that it might be some sort of level that you can go back to and unlock more features for it over time and it plays like a sandbox like My Little Dungeon. I'm just guessing though.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
What I was trying to get at is that it might be some sort of level that you can go back to and unlock more features for it over time and it plays like a sandbox like My Little Dungeon. I'm just guessing though.
Underlords have to come from somewhere right? They come from the Aether.. but what is the Aether and what is their place within it?
Some kind of "Home"? maybe their own realm? And what do you do with your home if not decorate it and make it your own? :p

Spoilers? Speculation? Who knows ;)

Jan 3, 2013
Underlords have to come from somewhere right? They come from the Aether.. but what is the Aether and what is their place within it?
Some kind of "Home"? maybe their own realm? And what do you do with your home if not decorate it and make it your own? :p

Spoilers? Speculation? Who knows ;)
More like confirmation of my theory. And it could be something important and having some sort of impact on player's progress during campaign play.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
More like confirmation of my theory. And it could be something important and having some sort of impact on player's progress during campaign play.
If I vanish from the forums in the next week or so.. Sim killed me for opening my mouth. Again, everything I say is speculation, im guessing just as much as you guys.

Jan 3, 2013
If I vanish from the forums in the next week or so.. Sim killed me for opening my mouth. Again, everything I say is speculation, im guessing just as much as you guys.
I'll keep that in mind if you will change your posting behavior suddenly or get banned.

Right now it seems like I know quite enough about it.

Top Bottom