• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Development Diary #1 - A New Leaf

Evi

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
I just thought of... Something that explains the delays in news and such.

"Would you like to see the pot of gold getting built, or the gold that is made into the pot?"

Not my best, but I liked it.

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
Never give a specific ETA, because if you do, you will just start panicking as the deadline approaches, and then you will end up cutting stuff out that should never have been cut out.

On the other hand, please do not make this into a Diablo III, or StarCraft II - you know, make us wait for ever. You hear that? NO VAPOURWARE!!!!!!

Alistair

Captain Graze Box
WFTO Founder
Dec 11, 2011
UK
Never give a specific ETA, because if you do, you will just start panicking as the deadline approaches, and then you will end up cutting stuff out that should never have been cut out.

On the other hand, please do not make this into a Diablo III, or StarCraft II - you know, make us wait for ever. You hear that? NO VAPOURWARE!!!!!!

Haha, we have never rushed any thing with WFTO, but we do try make best speed. If we start giving out ETAs again we will be letting the community down if we don't meet them. The community is so important to us.

Don't worry it wont be another Blizzard timeline.

-- Just to note there will be a news update coming this month. :cool:

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
Haha, we have never rushed any thing with WFTO, but we do try make best speed. If we start giving out ETAs again we will be letting the community down if we don't meet them. The community is so important to us.

Don't worry it wont be another Blizzard timeline.

-- Just to note there will be a news update coming this month. :cool:
YAAAAAAAAAAAY

sukhonali

Bafu
WFTO Founder
Dec 19, 2011
Good to hear that the project is still running, that's enough for me, hope all the crew is well, although some members haven't been here for a while yet we still support you even though we don't post allot! Good Luck :)

Oct 22, 2012
I don't know if it has already been suggested. But there is one thing that could help against turtling strat.

Unit Collision. Allowing near infinite creatures to stack on one spot is what makes the hand very powerfull. But if you don't allow that, or drastically reduce the unit collision, the defender will need to have BIGGER rooms if he want all of his units to defend in the same place, or to carefully choose the units he wants (Melee AND ranged units ) to optimize his defense. But it'll imply more entrances paths, so more multi-pronged attacks possible for the agressor.
It can lead to really cool fights with surround tactics and cool unit micromanagement. Especially with some micro tricks allowing unit stacking that takes time to set up. An agression can be even more frightening even with few units. Your units will be stacked, but not the defender's one. So you'll have better DPS if you carefully control it.

Top Bottom