• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WFTO Development Diary #2 - Still Alive

Apr 16, 2012
Hooray! Epic maps should be able to bring My Pet Dungeon style sandbox play to a whole new level :eek:

Love the new Juggernaught though I agree the hammer could be just a tiny bit bigger :p

Kyle

Dwarven Worker
Nov 9, 2011
Scotland
Loving all the enthusiasm and feedback, thank you everyone. I'll speak to the artists about the hammer on the Juggernaut, it does seem like it could be a bit bigger.

Jan 19, 2012
Perfect! had me scared for a while as its been kinda quiet.. Any news that can be leaked regarding the new website release?

Keep going guys, i wont give up even if it takes 5 years!

Leroy

Blood Imp
Sep 12, 2012
This post inspired me to stop lurking and actually make an account. I couldn't be more excited for this game.

Jan 7, 2012
Yeah, im happy to see you guys making visual progress again, Seems like I will keep that thrill of anticipation for this project.
Nice to see how the cultist changed, did you gave him an more open hood for showing the facial expressions in his face in game?
Made my day together with the Grimrock editor beta.

Alendor

Lead Animator
Jul 6, 2012
Final hammer is larger than concept, been animating it past week or so. the impact area of the final hammer is about the size of the jugg's head

Jul 13, 2012
@Sebt: As the owner of RiSE, I definitely don't want to nor plan on taking over WFTO or Subterranean Games. When we came in to collaborate, we were in the process of building our own DK spiritual successor and it made no sense to have more competition when WFTO was so well known. We would rather WFTO be complete and see the light of day, if for nothing else than most of the RiSE team loving the DK franchise and wanting to see a true successor instead of Dungeons. Kyle continues to lead the project and Subterranean Games, and that will never change. I came on as Lead Programmer and have followed the design to the letter while throwing in ideas based on the experiences I and the RiSE team have run into to ensure that not only does WFTO get finished, but we aim for and achieve the quality of today's games.

As to our history, we've been doing projects for years now. We were working directly with CD Projekt RED on a possible Witcher expansion years ago, and had built a proof of concept called Deception (http://www.moddb.com/mods/deception). We were working on the RiSE gaming OS for a few years and have a more or less working prototype, but the system depends upon games in the network which is why we would like to help with WFTO and cultivate this game so Subterranean Games, if they decide to do so, would want to join the RiSE network in the future. Recently we were focused on Epoch Saga for a year and a half, but decided to postpone the demo as the resources and time needed to finish it were a bit too great to hit the level needed for investments. This led to the potential DK project and working with the WFTO team. From there, we plan to focus back on RiSE and Epoch Saga over the next few years.

Dec 11, 2011
Loving all the enthusiasm and feedback, thank you everyone. I'll speak to the artists about the hammer on the Juggernaut, it does seem like it could be a bit bigger.
I don't mind the size at all. In fact, I would rather not see weapons go to skyscraper swords / barrel hammers or warriors in big shoulder pads with glowies. =]

toffeejay

Crackpot
WFTO Founder
Dec 25, 2011
The hammer is a little on the small side but its much better than a ridiculous over sized mallet. I'm pretty sure a small head wielded fast can provide more devistation than a heavy large one.

Very nice design for the cultist's blade.

Kyle

Dwarven Worker
Nov 9, 2011
Scotland
Good to hear, especially that I posted my message to hear something from someone from RiSE, sorry, for little teasing. :p

@ Developers - If it won't be a problem I would like to support a little the project on the biggest polish DK portal translating updates into polish language (You know that polish gamers are everywhere, maybe form our side You will gather more fans). I would make it for free of course, but can I get the permission to do that?
Sure you can, thank you for helping us out.

Top Bottom